Cold weather leg coverage.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
Embro, obiously.

BUT

There comes a time where you might want a little more then a capsaicin burn. Especially if there is ice on the ground. A little extra something is nice so long as it stays out of the way.

I forget where my temperature cutoffs are but when it gets too cold for bare legs & embro I add my zebra tights which are actually are girls size large leggings that I bought at Century 21.

I made the 'embarrassing' mistake of legwarmers at Bay state last year and they fell down on me. I used them fine 3 times before but never again.

What do you all favor for leg coverage come race time?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Same superfriends outfits I use in the spring/fall. Just full length base layer under the bibs. I dont do embro, bro. I play with myself too much to take that chance. Plus - do you have any idea how atrocious you smell with that shit? Just god awful. Well, the menthol guys do, or whatever "flavor" that is.

Wait. No. When it gets cold I stay in bed. F this sport.

The Heckler

Same superfriends outfits I use in the spring/fall. Just full length base layer under the bibs. I dont do embro, bro. I play with myself too much to take that chance. Plus - do you have any idea how atrocious you smell with that shit? Just god awful. Well, the menthol guys do, or whatever "flavor" that is.

Wait. No. When it gets cold I stay in bed. F this sport.
I actually gotta say I love the smell of the Mad Alchemy stuff.

Though if you play with yourself often, avoid it like embro on your nuts, or the plague. Whatever is worse.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Oh wait.... I got it... Ummm... Hmmmm.... Uhhhh... The square root of pie is 4
oSo5Bw.gif

soulchild

I really like Defeet products. I use their arm/leg warmers between say 32-45 (below that is winter bib tights) and have not had an issue with them staying up, though all wamers suck in the slop. If it's wet, I'd rather not wear anything at all.

I've been going back and forth with the idea of embro but always assumed it was a b*tch to remove.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I really like Defeet products. I use their arm/leg warmers between say 32-45 (below that is winter bib tights) and have not had an issue with them staying up, though all wamers suck in the slop. If it's wet, I'd rather not wear anything at all.

I've been going back and forth with the idea of embro but always assumed it was a b*tch to remove.
The defeet kneekers are simply tits. 3 fall/spring on them with no stretching out at all. For general riding I am using them between 54 and 40.

The Heckler

I generally just wet wipe my legs after the race. Takes any extra / dirt / grim off.

Then you get to bask in the glory of the afterburn for a couple hours.

Then when you get home and shower it kicks in again!

Its the best.

The Heckler

Leg warmers simply are not meant for the cyclocross. Come courses they may stay up, but it gets to a point where they are gonna come down. And you will suffer for it.

soulchild

The defeet kneekers are simply tits. 3 fall/spring on them with no stretching out at all. For general riding I am using them between 54 and 40.

I really heart these (along with their 'Duragloves'), particularly on the road.

I generally just wet wipe my legs after the race. Takes any extra / dirt / grim off.

Then you get to bask in the glory of the afterburn for a couple hours.

Then when you get home and shower it kicks in again!

Its the best.

I may take the proverbial plunge and order some Alchemy madness.

Leg warmers simply are not meant for the cyclocross. Come courses they may stay up, but it gets to a point where they are gonna come down. And you will suffer for it.

I guess the other added benefit (2x) is that even if you're slow, you will look AND smell pro. (Hey @Norm I rhymed :D)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You're a poet and you don't even know it.

I have never tried embro, so I will refrain from adding my ignorant comments. However, tights work just perfectly well for me. Road, off-road, grass - they always work. And never once have they set my junk on fire. I'm good with that.

Top Bottom