Cold weather leg coverage.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I made the 'embarrassing' mistake of legwarmers at Bay state last year and they fell down on me
5993099_orig.jpg

SpartaBard

I started using mad alchemy embro towards the latter end of last season and loved it compared to wearing leg warmers and 100% so when it's wet.

jackx

Wondering if there is a direct correlation of users of embrocation cream and likeliness of using chamois cream.

Or maybe CX races are too short in duration for needing chamois cream.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Wondering if there is a direct correlation of users of embrocation cream and likeliness of using chamois cream.

Or maybe CX races are too short in duration for needing chamois cream.
Naw, I use chamois cream but since I don't race I find zero use for embro.

I remember a certain x-mtbnj'er posting about using embro for winter training rides and thought you minus will just grind up money and spread it on your legs.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a love hate with Mad Alchemy stuff.

Love: makes me feel and smell fast
Hate: really difficult to clean off. almost like it glues dirt to my legs
Love: seems to reduce effect of evaporative cooling when it's wet out
Hate: that shower-time afterburn
Love: that shower-time afterburn

Gentleman's blend is nice. Mellow is still ok. Medium is a bit much. Madness is stooopid

soulchild

@The Heckler was nice enough to bring his jar of medium and let me try it out. I was contemplating the Gentleman's blend vs the medium and really though medium would be, well.... medium. I was wrong :)

That post race burn leads me to believe that medium is enough for 30 degree days considering I can ride in 45 degrees bare legged. Oh and yeah, just when you think it's safe to go into to the shower say 5 hours after application - THINK AGAIN!

Thanks again buddy!

SpartaBard

@The Heckler was nice enough to bring his jar of medium and let me try it out. I was contemplating the Gentleman's blend vs the medium and really though medium would be, well.... medium. I was wrong :)

That post race burn leads me to believe that medium is enough for 30 degree days considering I can ride in 45 degrees bare legged. Oh and yeah, just when you think it's safe to go into to the shower say 5 hours after application - THINK AGAIN!

Thanks again buddy!

I thought you were a little loco with the medium. I used the medium in 35 degree December rain and it was perfect. I can't imagine what the hot stuff must be like.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I have a love hate with Mad Alchemy stuff.

Love: makes me feel and smell fast
Hate: really difficult to clean off. almost like it glues dirt to my legs
Love: seems to reduce effect of evaporative cooling when it's wet out
Hate: that shower-time afterburn
Love: that shower-time afterburn

Gentleman's blend is nice. Mellow is still ok. Medium is a bit much. Madness is stooopid
need to try madness. Medium needs extra sauce.

Dutch Frog

there is something so special about getting out of your post-race shower, legs on fire and climbing into bed. best sleep ever. its like having 50 extra blankets wrapped around your legs. I have a feeling its good for recovery because it brings so much blood to the legs. I like medium, though I wish I could actually feel it during the race, I only ever feel it afterwards.

LGMan

Not sure if for everyone. But I pin my leg warmers to my skin suit. Two pins - inner and outer thigh and it keeps my warmer in place.

Top Bottom