cold setting?

al415

Banned
Any of you guys that have been around shops for a while still do this? Done it lately? I've just got my hands on a road frame from 1984 that I want to run a modern drivetrain on... If there is not a shop comfortable with doing it I'll send it off to Bilenky in philadelphia. Otherwise I'd happily send the business and build up to a local shop.

As an aside, it will mean I'll be selling my steel Seven Axiom 56, in case you know someone shopping for a road frame...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Any of you guys that have been around shops for a while still do this? Done it lately? I've just got my hands on a road frame from 1984 that I want to run a modern drivetrain on... If there is not a shop comfortable with doing it I'll send it off to Bilenky in philadelphia. Otherwise I'd happily send the business and build up to a local shop.

As an aside, it will mean I'll be selling my steel Seven Axiom 56, in case you know someone shopping for a road frame...

I need to see a photo of that Axiom.

j

al415

Banned
2988541015_c9ba7d322e.jpg

jdog

Shop Keep
I had a 56cm Steel Axiom STOLEN from me when our shop was broken into a few years back. I had to see that it wasn't mine. (mine was orange and blue)

I miss that bike all the time but i have not replaced it for some reason.

I good a pretty fat insurance check at the time and got an Axiom ti.

Both are great bikes.

If you are serious about selling the frame at some point just let me know. Keep

What is the TT length??

j

jdog

Shop Keep
Not that there is any hope at this point... but here is my old bike.

Also the new.

j

Attachments

• Photos From The Old Computer 074.jpg
    Photos From The Old Computer 074.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Axiom.jpg
    Axiom.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 123

al415

Banned
It's got a 56.2 TT, signature. I'm the second owner. It's been nothing but good to me, a very comfortable century bike for example, but stiff enough to toss into a few corners also. I recently tarted it up with new chorus and shamals and I'd be taking those off. I'd leave it with campagnolo bottom bracket & headset (chorus) + the matching fork of course. I have a Ritchey post and a selection of quill stems that fit it. Is $600 off the wall?

The only reason I've decided to sell it is because I've been overcome by sentimentality lately. I picked up a 1984 Raleigh / Panasonic team frame. The Raleigh was my dream bike the first year I road raced... I plan to restore the Raleigh and make it my only road bike.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop Keep
It's got a 56.2 TT, signature. I'm the second owner. It's been nothing but good to me, a very comfortable century bike for example, but stiff enough to toss into a few corners also. I recently tarted it up with new chorus and shamals and I'd be taking those off. I'd leave it with campagnolo bottom bracket & headset (chorus) + the matching fork of course. I have a Ritchey post and a selection of quill stems that fit it. Is $600 off the wall?

The only reason I've decided to sell it is because I've been overcome by sentimentality lately. I picked up a 1984 Raleigh / Panasonic team frame. The Raleigh was my dream bike the first year I road raced... I plan to restore the Raleigh and make it my only road bike.

600 is way fair. You might even get more n E-bay.

If i were you I might keep it. I loved mine and wish I still had it.

If I had $600 spare dollars I would grab it today. Today that $ is all going to bills.. yuk.

al415

Banned
If i were you I might keep it. I loved mine and wish I still had it.

Yeah I know, but I'm really trying not to start a "collection" I sold my track bike. I want to get down to one mountain bike as well. I even considered repainting the Seven in the Panasonic colors... for about two minutes. It has a lovely pearl paint job. The game has not moved on that much since those lugged reynolds frames of the 1980's, at least as far as steel frames are concerned. Here is a picture of what I bought, along with an "artists rendition" of what I could have done to the Seven...

team-raleigh-panasonic84.jpg

2989396448_b77ac333d7.jpg

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
al415;110219 Here is an "artists rendition" of what I could have done to the Seven... [IMG said:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3278/2989396448_b77ac333d7.jpg?v=0[/IMG]
Holy crap, you need some help from Ben with the art.:hysterica

Al, I'd be all over that bike if not for what I already have lurking in my basement...:rolleyes:

al415

Banned
I keep re-reading this but I can't understand it. :D

It's madness. The peak of my madness was back in the 1990's. Even now though, it defies rational thought. In my basemnent right now:

1996 Bontrager
1985 Fat Chance
2006 On-One (frameset)
1984 Raleigh (frameset)
2007 Yeti CX
1970's Raleigh Sprite
1960's Beroni
1990's Trek 7900
2004(ish) Seven Axiom steel

There are three other bicycles around the house / garage... This list does not address the components, wheelsets and various bicycle related odds and ends that pour from the corners and drawers.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
It's madness. The peak of my madness was back in the 1990's. Even now though, it defies rational thought. In my basemnent right now:

1996 Bontrager
1985 Fat Chance
2006 On-One (frameset)
1984 Raleigh (frameset)
2007 Yeti CX
1970's Raleigh Sprite
1960's Beroni
1990's Trek 7900
2004(ish) Seven Axiom steel

There are three other bicycles around the house / garage... This list does not address the components, wheelsets and various bicycle related odds and ends that pour from the corners and drawers.
Christ, I think there are one or two on that list that even I was unaware of.

I'm sure glad my basement isn't like that...:rofl:

al415

Banned
I like to think that the Bontrager and the Fat Chance are the off road "best of East meets West" equivalent of the Moots / Seven love-in. I'll be sad to see the Bontrager go (again!) :cry:

Oh, anyone have any input on my initial question?

mfennell

It's madness. The peak of my madness was back in the 1990's. Even now though, it defies rational thought.
I wouldn't say that. I make an attempt to rationalize each acquisition. I have a SS, a FS 29er, a training road bike, a race road bike, a "vintage" road bike, and a cross bike. Clearly, I still have some holes to fill (fixie & TT bikes for example). As long as I don't have a functional duplicate in the group, I feel like I'm under control. My buddy Johnny has 3 different fixies. That's just excessive. :)

This approach works well with cars too.

Joking aside, I'm about full myself. I recently turned down a good deal on a clean steel fixie. :(

Top Bottom