cold setting?

Any of you guys that have been around shops for a while still do this? Done it lately? I've just got my hands on a road frame from 1984 that I want to run a modern drivetrain on... If there is not a shop comfortable with doing it I'll send it off to Bilenky in philadelphia. Otherwise I'd happily send the business and build up to a local shop.

As an aside, it will mean I'll be selling my steel Seven Axiom 56, in case you know someone shopping for a road frame...

A few years ago I had the rear dropouts widened on a 1988 Terry frame, nothing near as sweet as your bike. I went to Tom's Atlantic Cyclery, 188 First Ave., Atlantic Highlands (not sure of phone #). Tom used to build frames so he knows what he's doing. I had no problems with the bike afterward. He's not that much into MTBing stuff, but is pretty good with the high end road equip. Good luck!

al415

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up leaving the frame in the hands of the guy that put Scott AT3 bars on my first mountain bike in 1989 or so. I stopped by tonight to see what sort of elaborate device he has set up to get my futuristic carbon hubbed wheels into my industrial revolution era frame... and they were already in there. No fuss, no BS. Now I just need to decide whether or not carbon cranks ruin the "feel" of a 1985 road frame... I deal with the big issues, can you tell?

Top Bottom