Cold Season trail work

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Well it isn't all that bad out, its actually perty darn nice...

In any case, if you've not had time this year to come out and give in to the allure of the macleod and pulaski, come out and join JORBA this weekend... we have 6 TMs and one group ride:

TM:
Wawayanda, Lewis Morris and Mercer County Park
Allaire, Shark River and Chimney Rock
Groupie Ride:
Ringwood

You know ze drill, consult ze Calendar:
http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/cal_dis..._mon_start=10&cp_year_start=2006&cp_category=
http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/cal_dis..._mon_start=10&cp_year_start=2006&cp_category=
pardon the sarcasm, its me 4th Dogfish Head on a school night.
cheers!

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mergs said:
pardon the sarcasm, its me 4th Dogfish Head on a school night.

Another DFH fan, outstanding! Though I find their non-standard offerings usually lackluster. I stick with the 90 MIPA and India Brown.

Chimney Rock TM is also this weekend, I think. Kirt? Is this still on?

Norm

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
normZurawski said:
Another DFH fan, outstanding! Though I find their non-standard offerings usually lackluster. I stick with the 90 MIPA and India Brown.

Norm

Yeap, CR TM this Sunday @ 9am.

Not that big a fan of the DFH (& I love beer!). My new favoite is Wolavers "oatmeal stout". It may be the best beer I've ever had. http://www.ottercreekbrewing.com/home/wolavers/beers/oatmealstout.html

Kirt

I got it, I'll trade beer for coaching.

Maurice

Kirt said:

"Coach, coach, wake up! I've done 50 intervals and I'm toast. You said to keep going until you said stop."

"mmmblmm?? 'ssappenin? whez mah bottle?"

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kirt said:
Yeap, CR TM this Sunday @ 9am.

Not that big a fan of the DFH (& I love beer!). My new favoite is Wolavers "oatmeal stout". It may be the best beer I've ever had. http://www.ottercreekbrewing.com/home/wolavers/beers/oatmealstout.html

Kirt

On the TM - I should be there but it's going to cost me an off-road ride on the next to last day of my vacation!

I'll have to try the Wolavers, the liquor store in Striling has it.

Funny, I made the beer comment in the other thread before reading this. I guess we have a deal!

By the way, you ever go to Super Saver in Somerville? Best liquor store in the state.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
normZurawski said:
By the way, you ever go to Super Saver in Somerville? Best liquor store in the state.

Is that the drive through? I like Wine Country & Total Wine, great selection of beers.

Kirt

anrothar

entirely thrilled
A&P liquors on howard blvd off of rt 46 in ledgewood has the best selection of beer i've ever seen. the beer guy there is a former homebrewer and gets all the best stuff. definitely worth checking out.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kirt said:
Is that the drive through? I like Wine Country & Total Wine, great selection of beers.

Kirt

Not the drive through - it's on 22 next to Reps. It's 4th on this list:
http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/lis...rating&search=&zip=&city=&name=&bfcg=&store=Y

Incidentally, the top pick on Oak Tree is very good as well, but I think it rates higher because of the organization. SuperSaver is like a swap meet. You can literally dig though stacks of beer and find stuff that's nowhere else. Service sucks ass, but the beer speaks for itself. Check it out!

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
normZurawski said:
Not the drive through - it's on 22 next to Reps. It's 4th on this list:
http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/lis...rating&search=&zip=&city=&name=&bfcg=&store=Y

Incidentally, the top pick on Oak Tree is very good as well, but I think it rates higher because of the organization. SuperSaver is like a swap meet. You can literally dig though stacks of beer and find stuff that's nowhere else. Service sucks ass, but the beer speaks for itself. Check it out!

I've been by there twice but both times it was closed (Sunday afternoons).
I'll check it out maybe this weekend as I only have about 10 left in the fridge.

Kirt

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Dogfishhead

normZurawski said:
Right on. Especially the India Brown.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
normZurawski said:

Norm

Yep, I botched this one... missed sunday's events. Corrected the post, must've been those India Browns.

Norm, I got your PM, we'll talk soon on that. Just finishing up some new stuff on the wesbsite which should make it a breeze for anyone taking over the task.

Kirt, Wolavers is good stuff too. There are no bad beers being made in VT. One of these days we'll have to hit up waterbury trails then swing by the Alchemist for a treat.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I love it my dorky thread got hijacked by beer talk, sweet :D

Keep it going!

I tried the Dogfish Head Raison d'Etre (which took about 1.5 beers to get used to) but then I liked it. Its VERY different. Not for the faint of heart tho.

One beer I'd like to get my hands on is Sea Dog Chocolate Stout. It was outstanding. Problem is, I think they stopped making it.

J-Dro

mergs said:
I love it my dorky thread got hijacked by beer talk, sweet :D

Keep it going!

I tried the Dogfish Head Raison d'Etre (which took about 1.5 beers to get used to) but then I liked it. Its VERY different. Not for the faint of heart tho.

One beer I'd like to get my hands on is Sea Dog Chocolate Stout. It was outstanding. Problem is, I think they stopped making it.

Brooklyn Brewery does a Dark Chocolate Stout this time of year. Always a highlight of the fall. Mmmmm.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mergs said:
Norm, I got your PM, we'll talk soon on that. Just finishing up some new stuff on the wesbsite which should make it a breeze for anyone taking over the task.

Mergs - cool. I'll be here.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mergs said:

Raison d'Etre is very good! Apparently the d'Extra is real good too, but it's expensive and somewhat limited. Burton Baton is good, but for the $$ the 90 MIPA is a better choice.

The Brooklyn Chocolate stout is fantastic. Buy a case. Also like the Victory Storm King Stout.

Top Bottom