Cockpit geometry?

Captain Brainstorm

Awesome! How long have you been deadlifting? Research without application holds a half cup of water?.

I have a shallow knowledge of science. I pay someone for that. What I do know if that as a scientist you’re eternally wrong. And that’s not from me but Andy Galpin who I’m sure you’ve come across in research. If you haven’t then start digging.

Most of my research has been around running, and having my kids peak later in High School/college vs. early, and not injuring themselves through over-training and repetitive stress injuries, so the weight training doesn't apply right now. Will it help them now? Yes, but it would be pretty irresponsible of me as a parent to start them weight training this early. For now, its only body-weight exercises in the early/off season and other sports. Having the said that, a lot of the training for running translates to cycling.

I do squats and dead-lifts focusing on reps vs. max weight only because I need to be careful with my knees and back (I'm old). Come this winter though, I will focus on going heavy with the trap bar, try to increase my power to weight ratio, just to do something different in the gym. Look up Ryan Flaherty (the trainer, not the ball player). His resume and results speak for themselves.

As far as science being eternally wrong, I respectfully disagree there. Many aspects and principles of physiology are pretty well known. How muscles produce energy (Glycolysis, Krebs cycle, Electron Transport Chain), the relationship of lactate levels vs. lactate clearing are basic science. Power to weight ratio is also pretty intuitive. In terms of cycling, imagine dropping a few kilos of weight but not losing power. Now imagine how that will help you on a long climb or ride.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I came here for the jokes... total let down

Seriously. I asked Dave what his max deadlift was. Just so I could tell him the problem is it's not enough and arbitrarily I'd add 20% to the number and blame his problems on his weak core.

A) He never answered.
B) I'm confused where the conversation went after my question.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Seriously. I asked Dave what his max deadlift was. Just so I could tell him the problem is it's not enough and arbitrarily I'd add 20% to the number and blame his problems on his weak core.

A) He never answered.
B) I'm confused where the conversation went after my question.
I don’t deadlift, no bueno.

Tionegear

A: Have we mentioned increasing the travel from (was it a 100?) to a 120 has an effect on the head tube angle... and therefore on your body positioning.
B: Like @Pearl said: WWGWD?

Top Bottom