Coaching?

lancerracer

I am curious to see how many of you guys (and girls) use coaches? I have used a plan that was built by a coach, but have never had coaching plan where I had interaction with the coach.
For those of you who have, has it made a huge difference?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would imagine that if you had enormous self control and discipline, you could manage yourself to a pretty high level without a coach.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You surely can self-coach yourself to a decent level. But the experience of a coach will be able to tell you why things aren't going according to plan. I don't have any plans to use a coach. But I imagine it would be helpful to many.

NJ Jess

if your are dedicated

Good Coaches make better athletes. Everyone looks into a mirror and sees what they "want" to see. Coaches analyze "what is" about the athlete. Besides, good coaches make you train the things you are "not" good at,...like Hills, sprints, hills, LSD, hills, attacking, hills, (do you get the subliminal message here?...)

You can fire coaches if you dont like them too. ......one to many hills for me.
signed.....content at being fat and slow,....

ArmyOfNone

I am curious to see how many of you guys (and girls) use coaches? I have used a plan that was built by a coach, but have never had coaching plan where I had interaction with the coach.
For those of you who have, has it made a huge difference?

what kinda plan did you have? I have a few workouts to do but nothing really mapped out over a period of time. Im pretty good at sticking to a plan if i have one.

Im lookin for a good one

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have norm

LOL!

Well this stuff isn't rocket science. But what Jess sasy is true. You often see what you want. For those of us who have gained weight over the years, how long do we squeeze out far asses into clothes that vaguely fit, suck in our guts, and proclaim, "no no, I'm not gaining weight." ?

Having said that, again, this isn't rocket science. If you're just starting out you'll waste your money on a coach. Any number of people here could help you out for free. Myself and heythorpe will both tell you that if you're a beginner you need 2 things: lots of rides and lots of TIS. Beyond that there are people here that would probably be happy to help you out of you asked. Maybe drop a line to RyderX, Maurice, JimG, or ChrisG. Or throw out some questions to the board at large. You'd be surprised what people are willing to share.

At a certain point you may need a coach to get over a certain hump. But you can really do yourself a favor if you follow these primitive guidelines:

1. Ride 5 times a week
2. Ride 7-12 hours a week depending on season
3. Don't take the winter off

After that it's a matter of how to structure your training. That's where the books come in. Pick up a few of the common ones (Friel, Carmichael, Burke, Morris, Coggan/Hunter, Ross, Ryan) and you'll get more information than you'll know what to do with.

trener1

It depends what your goals are.
I use one and think that it's a great investment, let me know if you have any questions.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i would love to have a coach again. but alas, my sponsorship with the discovery team ended and chris and i no longer work together. we didn't exactly see eye to eye the last few years. i wanted to sit on the couch, drink protien shakes and lift. he wanted me to get under 250lbs and stop bench pressing VW bugs.

i know what i have to do it's just a matter of doing it. i've always been one of those people that when i set my mind to something, i just do it. like now...i would rather be sleeping at 5:30, but i also know that in april, i would MUCH rather be racing around with heythorp and norm than acting as puma bait.

change yer mind and your life will follow.

Top Bottom