clipless pedals

K

ks9mm

today was the big day... i beat my fear into submission and installed clipless pedals (shimano 520) on my bike and went for a ride.

I have to admit, it feels extremely weird and downright scary at times, but it seems that I gain better control and power...

I almost fell only once and the fact that I set the spring to the lowest setting and got myself multi release clips saved me from embarrasement...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
no need to be embarrassed. everyone from the casual trail rider to the top pro has fallen over a few times when they first get clipless pedals. some of us still do every now and then... just laugh it off.

S

Shar0se

good job!

Good for you! Multi release.....hmm....fill me in? I'm buying pads before I attempt clipless again. :)

K

ks9mm

Shimano
SPD Cleat Sets
SM-SH56

essentially your foot disconnects with any movement as opposed to only heel movement with single release(standard) cleats.

there is an article about it in the most recent mountin bike action magazine...
this is where I picked up this combo.

worked pretty good on my first short ride with them...

ArmyOfNone

The only catch w/ those multi release pedals i have seen so far is that when you are really cranking hard, you can pull out of the pedal.

Other than that the spds are a great pedal. Congrats! Fall, crash and laugh it off!

Top Bottom