Clipless in diablo

Mikerjr

Accomplished Skadouche
i ride an 08 Kona Four with clipless pedals and would consider myself an intermediate to skilled rider, i am planning a trip to diablo for my first time and wanted to know if my rig will be ridable there.

Mike679

I rode there a couple of years ago and brought my clipless pedals with me and had them installed on a rental. I'm so used to riding clipped-in and was not comfortable with the idea of riding platforms after 10+ years on clipless.

I say do it.

If you're not sure about how your bike will hold up at Diablo, get a rental.

Either way, you'll have fun. Get there when they open, ride until the lift closes, and don't get hurt.

Last edited:

Mikerjr

Accomplished Skadouche
thanks for the advice, i feel the same way, almost like not having my seatbelt on when im driving, somethings just missing

Mikerjr

Accomplished Skadouche
wasnt it awkward riding a bike you have never ridden at a place like that

Last edited:

ellbiddy

I wouldn't even though some folks do, I've bailed a few times that would have ended much worse had I not. Just bring some sticky skater-esque shoes and you'll be okay with some 50/50's or anything with pins in them.

lou_b_83

I use clipless on my Kona Coiler at Diablo. It is just what I am used to.

As far as using your Four there I wouldn't. It will realy take a beating.

mtn

I rode there a couple of years ago and brought my clipless pedals with me and had them installed on a rental. I'm so used to riding clipped-in and was not comfortable with the idea of riding platforms after 10+ years on clipless.

I say do it.

If you're not sure about how your bike will hold up at Diablo, get a rental.

Either way, you'll have fun. Get there when they open, ride until the lift closes, and don't get hurt.

You can have them install pedals that you bring?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions