Clipless Finally

Sprintzer

I did it. Signed myself up for faceplants and thigh bruises. Can't wait to start kissing trees and roots. Time alium's. Work well, just gotta get used to them. Was thinking about riding ringwood race on sunday, but i'm a fair weather kind of guy.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i made the jump as well. ive fallen more just sitting still, forgetting im clipped in (madness can vouch, DOH!) but im very happy i did upgrade :)

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
you'll get used to them, once you do, you'll be happy you made the switch for x/c riding.

ItsWin

Love the Aliums. They work in pretty much all conditions.

You'll really notice the clipless pedals helping you in these instances:

1.) sprints or any long straightaways (the ability to power your cranks through 360 degrees makes a noticeable difference)
2.) climbs (same reason)
3.) fast technical sections, especially downhill (you feel a lot more confident knowing your feet won't get knocked off the pedals accidentally)

Of course if you're like me (still haven't mastered track standing and dab a lot in slow tight sections), then there'll be some falls and occasional pain too. I still think it's worth it.

Win

dualfisted

helmet cams NOW!!!

Can u and the other poster start riding together and the two of u wear helmet cams for the next couple of weeks?? It'll be worth it for the priceless standing still fall footage you get.
Anyway, after a few weeks you'll be so quick in and out of them that you won't know how u rode without them.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Can u and the other poster start riding together and the two of u wear helmet cams for the next couple of weeks?? It'll be worth it for the priceless standing still fall footage you get.
Anyway, after a few weeks you'll be so quick in and out of them that you won't know how u rode without them.
Dude,
I still do the standing still fall worst part is I start laughing on the way down cause I know how funny it looks.:)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i can even announce:

"oh shit im going to fall" as its happening lol
over the past three trips, ive fallen 5 times just sitting still :p

im going out today, ill let you know how many standing spills i take :p

Deezul

I'll be getting clipless pedals on my prophet 2 once it comes in.

Is the knobby bits (tread?) of the shoe getting in the way of clipping in a common problem? I've thought about getting something with a large pedal surface just incase I want to take my feet out of the clips or ride in normal shoes but have worried about not being able to clip in on a large pedestal

Robson

I switched to clipless yesterday.... painful process but slowly I'm getting used to it. The worst thing so far is when I try to stop and I'm not quick enough to unclip...

Sprintzer

Update......

Ok so friday was first day on them.

Friday-Rode to work, only like 2 miles. Got to work, popped my foot out but forgot i was still moving, tried to put foot down and my ass ate my seat.
Heading home i came to a stop at a light, didn't want to unclip so i reached for a light pole, hand slip along pole, i kissed pole and landed on ground. My friend told me that when you fall your foot will pop out, hahahahaha. it didn't.
Saturday i was in AC.
Sunday was riding up cannonball and man was it all the difference. I again went to stop for a second and hold onto a tree, slipped again, but this time it was my camelbak that slip along the tree, caught part of the tree and left me suspended in mid air. It was so much fun.

I think i am gettin it though.

Top Bottom