Climbs by Length

The Kalmyk

I am looking for longer hills I can build some routes around. Unsure what should be expected in NJ but I would image a 1-2 mile climb of varying grade is a gem? If that exists- please share. If anyone is familiar with the roads in the Poconos or Hudson Valley, these are two areas I'd like to ride as well.

Thanks

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
As far as the biggest climbs around, alpine from the boat basin is a classic. In the Hudson valley bear mountain from 202 is a big climb. If you haven’t ridden Harriman it’s a great ride even without bear mountain. Arden valley road and 106 are my favorite roads in the area. Especially since they repaved them.
In the Catskills, devils kitchen is a beast of a climb. It’s in tour of the Catskills, I thinks it’s two miles at 10 percent average.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
That's perfect @Pearl . I'd be pushing my luck thinking there might be another one of those in a 20-30 mile radius?
I'm sure you could jump onto the Lebanon 52 route, but those are much steeper. Everything would be gold around Lebanon/Cokesbury/RV.

That Rockaway climb is probably one of my favorite roads in that area. You also start getting into @jShort territory up that way.

qclabrat

Brass castle - Montana, 5 miles 850 gain
Rt23 south towards High Point is also about 5 miles. Think this was what JimV was planning to do for the Everest Challenge.
Also Vernon Cross and Crigger in Sussex has a good combo of distance and grade

The Kalmyk

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I am looking for longer hills I can build some routes around. Unsure what should be expected in NJ but I would image a 1-2 mile climb of varying grade is a gem? If that exists- please share. If anyone is familiar with the roads in the Poconos or Hudson Valley, these are two areas I'd like to ride as well.

Thanks
Hillier Than Thou on bikereg. Check out the route in the notes. It happens in a month.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Tons of stuff in this area in the 1-2 mile range. Really depends where you want to go. As @rick81721 said, pretty much all of the sourlands is over a mile.

And ofcourse Lambertville Area and North:

I mean basically you can pick any road off the Delaware River north of Washington Crossing

Really just depends where you want to go

Pleasant Valley Road: Hopewell, goes to the highest point in Mercer (Baldpate)

Rocktown Lambertville

Warsaw

Tumble Idle (some dirt)

Tumble Falls

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
RV climb to cokesbury climb. Then down Rockaway from water!! Then up hill and Dale. Look at tour of long valley. I might have a century out of my house with 8k of the longer climbs. Will look for route.

RSAmerica

B68632E4-B540-42DB-AFA8-C4CC3FA40520.jpeg

Climb up from ranger station @ Stephens.

Top Bottom