climbing shoes

I was speaking with the Head Ranger this past weekend and he said the county is working on a guide for bouldering. I'll let you know when they have something published.

right on! i missed this post in all the posts going down. looking forward to it.

its on the other side of that pointy rock. the route traverses across that overhang so we put it on the more dicey side. that being said my crash pad is just a big piece of foam i found in my garage:eek:

clark- all the guides i've found kinda stink in the direction department, so i threw together this map for you.

also check this out- http://books.google.com/books?id=Sx...MBP&sig=dNIRDO8vyFmA45CmvAWqlD53bFQ#PPA219,M1

Shameless Plug: The new trail that we are opening up at the Sourlands this Saturday skirts by some sweet new Bouldering areas. You can be the 1st to know about them.

thanks for the image. that helps. i was looking for the general area of the new stuff - i'm curious of the grades of some of the new stuff.

i do know the book (to toot my own horn
e215.gif
, i actually wrote a portion of it... the ken lockwood gorge section). the pic of sean wolosin in your link... i was the spotter, just didn't make the cut to the book for the sourlands. i do make a cameo while spotting in the book...

most of the new stuff is way out of my league right now... lots of TALL slabs and cracks. the rock is like sandpaper tho:(

thats mad cool about the book!

most of the new stuff is way out of my league right now... lots of TALL slabs and cracks. the rock is like sandpaper tho:(

thats mad cool about the book!

based on my general fitness level right now (nevermind climbing fitness) i'm sure everything is outta my league too - can't wait to get back out tho.

What are the ranges of problems there? I haven't been there since the adopt a boulder day where we opened up a lot of trails an cleaned up some rock.

What are the ranges of problems there? I haven't been there since the adopt a boulder day where we opened up a lot of trails an cleaned up some rock.

the established problems range (in the bouderama section - the boulders off the blue 'mountain biking' trail - the trail that goes right at the fork when you start at the parking lot entrance) has stuff that ranges from V0 - V4/5 range, so its good for the beginner to intermediate climber. i'm sure there is harder stuff in there - problem is there is very little documentation of development in NJ, other than the guidebook, and the guide book skirts bouldering - it really focuses on top roping/bolted climbs.

Ok that's a decent range. I'll play on anything up to a V3. Wait a sec though- there's TR and bolted lines???

Wait a sec though- there's TR and bolted lines???

not at the sourlands... in jersey yes (up north), but not at the sourlands. sourlands is all bouldering.

back in the day, i did see people with a TR on burt and carole when cradle rock in princeton was still open... that was... weird.

i don't know if you were at the last adopt a boulder day in november, but this one cat from ems did a first ascent of a route he called "birth canal" cause he came out bloody and screamed the whole way. its an overhung 6in wide crack that comes out of a small cave, incredible. Not sure what it would rate, but there's definitely hard stuff to be found there.

i don't know if you were at the last adopt a boulder day in november, but this one cat from ems did a first ascent of a route he called "birth canal" cause he came out bloody and screamed the whole way. its an overhung 6in wide crack that comes out of a small cave, incredible. Not sure what it would rate, but there's definitely hard stuff to be found there.

That was Brian from EMS. Core.

Back
Top Bottom