climbing guide

Yeah with simple tr setups you could probably learn your self but you would have to buy all of the equipment to do so. Also even with simple systems there are a lot of things that can go wrong and climbing is a sport where a mistake can kill you.

The comments on some of the instructional climbing videos on youtube are hilarious. There is this one dude that has put out a bunch of videos, and they are filled with comments like "PLEASE STOP MAKING VIDEOS, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU!!"

My teen kids are complete couch potatoes, I've decided to give a try at indoor climbing as my younger seems to have interest in doing so.
I'm in Warren, can someone recommend places to try nearby? Sure I can google or yelp, but there seems to be some regular climbers here.

Gravity Vault in Chatham may be closest. That's @JimN 's spot. Bonus, Twin Elephant Brewing is across the street.

Also.. check out Vertiquest in Bound Brook. It's a parkour/ninja/free running gym. Owner Mike Needham was on ANW seasond 4-7.

Gravity Vault in Chatham may be closest. That's @JimN 's spot. Bonus, Twin Elephant Brewing is across the street.

Yeah, check out the locations page on gravityvault.com since they have some new ones, but Chatham is probably closest. If they like it, hire @cbiker for a nice day of top roping outside this spring. Best way to get stoked on indoor climbing is to climb outside.

Yeah, check out the locations page on gravityvault.com since they have some new ones, but Chatham is probably closest. If they like it, hire @cbiker for a nice day of top roping outside this spring. Best way to get stoked on indoor climbing is to climb outside.
I'm afraid of heights and risk adverse...
Not sure if I'll make it outside, but will certainly check it out

I'm afraid of heights and risk adverse...
Not sure if I'll make it outside, but will certainly check it out

I've been terrified of heights my whole life. Somehow it doesn't bother me climbing. It's scary the first time or two, but you might be surprised. Top roping is incredibly safe, provided you know what you are doing and are careful/attentive.

I'll completely agree with @JimN. Inside is fun but if you can get outside that will completely change your idea of climbing. Climbing inside is ok to build/keep fitness but if you can get out it's an amazing and eye opening experience. Speaking of that I need to get back climbing. It's been too long.

Back
Top Bottom