Clifton, NJ- where to mountain bike

mcw

Hi All,

Recently, I switch job. Now I work at Clifton NJ. I am totally new to the area, so I would like to know where to mountain bike? Also, If anyone near the area and would like to meet for a ride, let me know.

Thank you so much,
mcw :)

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I'm a Cliftonite and there's nowhere close (don't let anyone talk you into Garrett Mtn.).

Ramapo/Skyline is the closest (about 20 mi.) and of course Ringwood is just a bit more and Wawayanda a bit more than that.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I'm in Clifton too!

yeah Garrett sucks...

don't bother with High Mountain either...your best bet is Skyline Drive...

although....I know another place, but I can't tell you :cool:

Eileen

I live in Clifton too :getsome: :D

Unfortunately all the good riding is like an hour away :mad2:

Ringwood is probably the closest place to ride, Jungle Habitat isn't too far either.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Clifton Ridin'

Check out the Tourne on Boonton. Or come on up to ringwood, Jungle Habitat, Waywayanda. You may also want to stop into the bike shop in montclair on valley road. talk to Tim, they used to do fat tire rides out of there. but I think it gets dark to early for them now.

TonyC

mcw,
where are you from? You said you work in Clifton so if you're looking for a ride there really isn't anything local. As everyone said it's atleast 30-40 minutes away. You can get to the Tourne in 30 minutes going 80 on 80west.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Check out the Tourne on Boonton. Or come on up to ringwood, Jungle Habitat, Waywayanda. You may also want to stop into the bike shop in montclair on valley road. talk to Tim, they used to do fat tire rides out of there. but I think it gets dark to early for them now.

Where can you legally do fat tire rides that leave out of a shop in Montclair?

Glancing Aft

High Mountain really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Not a weekend destination by any means, but a great after work spot for a quick hour. Could be worth checking out.

NJ Jess

hey there

AFT, When I have to go North for work,...can you show me High Mt. I've been trying to ride the place for the past 2 years.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Yeah Will, we need a tour of the good stuff....I didn't hit the Blue trail, so perhaps I missed some techy stuff

Glancing Aft

AFT, When I have to go North for work,...can you show me High Mt. I've been trying to ride the place for the past 2 years.

Yeah Will, we need a tour of the good stuff....I didn't hit the Blue trail, so perhaps I missed some techy stuff

I just sent my light in to get serviced, http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3705
but when I get it back I'll gladly do a tour some night if you'd like. Who knows, perhaps you'll still think it sucks.

Top Bottom