clifton-canonball trail-clifton.

liong71er

hello,fellow cyclist!!

After almost two weeks rideless finally i have a time to rides again.
so,..today on monday started out riding at 9:30.
from downtown clifton i make a short trip to garret mountain and via downtown paterson then wayne to pomtonlakes.

but,.i must find barbara dr first,after having my lunch i'm started to look for barbara dr wich is gonna take me to the trailhead of canonball trail near by soccer field.
thanks to cyclopath one of finest mtbnjer for showing me this trailhead two weeks ago.

as i'm approaching the first hill of C trail,i must dismount it kind of steep though.
after several mile i've noticing sign thatsaid trail is for hikers use only.
but,..i did also noticing several tire mak on the ground so i just keep on riding although i have slighly hesitation about it.

i must say this is the best trail i have riden around this surrounding area,it almost similiar to bear mountain trail(hiking only)wich i'm have no clue back then with the trails.
so,i love this trail better than any others trail(IMHO)

miles of hilly twisty rocky single track(no fire road)is what i'm craving for.
there is also nice switchback after crossing a stream.
then my hesitation was gone soon after i've found out about C trail.
big thanks to all folks at ramapo valley cycling club,without you guys we as mtbikers will never able to experienced this awesome trails.

overall the trails condition is rideable,but few spot here and there was flooded.
so,.i must pick my line carefully.
the only thing that make me hesitate or fear of being accused of ass,...that when i hit the end of the yellow trail few mile after the "C" trail sign is gone changed to yellow trail.
that is a sign(pics attached)said "no bikes,atv,horses allowed on this trail"
after reading those sign,..i decided to go back even though i saw tires mark on thats area heading towards it.

well i guess this is it the end of my so called "year end (half) epic rides)
but,..offcourse it worth to rides again maybe next time with plenty daylights
and time.

rides time:6:09:56
total distance:62.86

note:
thanks for sharing,and pls pardon my word if somehow/maybe offend others pls be advised that i'm not doing it in purpose.

Attachments

• DSCN0540.JPG
    DSCN0540.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN0541.JPG
    DSCN0541.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN0547.JPG
    DSCN0547.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0551.JPG
    DSCN0551.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0556.JPG
    DSCN0556.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 122

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
soundz like a nice ride.. I was at Ramapo this summer and started off at the soccer field too. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's the cannonball & yellow to the East of the lake that has those signs. My memory is really fuzzy, maybe someone else can chime in.

The route I took when I started at the soccer field was go up the hill, past the highway, head west toward pipeline then back east toward the lake. The last time I went, on the way back, after I cross the highway, I tookthe yellow back instead of the red. Don't remember seeing signs on the yellow south of the highway.

Jimmy

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't think there is any trail sign there that actually has a little picture of a bicycle. I guess you can interpret it a several ways:

1) bikes not allowed there
2) picture of hiker means it's ok for bikes too (liberal translation)
3) you can only ride where there is no signs
4) no bikes allowed at all

I know there are ways to enter the trail where there are no signs, but eventually lead to places where the signs are (mostly near the lake I think). What does that mean?! Personally, I try to be careful just near the lake.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Great write up lion71er. I wish I could have more "welcome" mountain biker signs for you. The hikers in this area are very protective of the trails, and as you can see, they are very nice trails. I hope some day, that we all share the trails with a smile:). By constitutional law, they are for all of us.

davos

noticed the same thing

last time I rode there about a month ago about hikers only on the cannonball. I always thought that was the one trail bikes were allowed on.

Liong71er - impressive as always!

liong71er

soundz like a nice ride.. I was at Ramapo this summer and started off at the soccer field too. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's the cannonball & yellow to the East of the lake that has those signs. My memory is really fuzzy, maybe someone else can chime in.

The route I took when I started at the soccer field was go up the hill, past the highway, head west toward pipeline then back east toward the lake. The last time I went, on the way back, after I cross the highway, I tookthe yellow back instead of the red. Don't remember seeing signs on the yellow south of the highway.

Jimmy

thanks!

liong71er

Great write up lion71er. I wish I could have more "welcome" mountain biker signs for you. The hikers in this area are very protective of the trails, and as you can see, they are very nice trails. I hope some day, that we all share the trails with a smile:). By constitutional law, they are for all of us.

thanks,Ms pixy!
and maybe someday we are all can ride appalachian trail too.

Top Bottom