Clicking

lou_b_83

Cleaned my bike last night after a nice ride(Just the drive train). Went out today and it is clicking.:mad: It only does it when i apply pressure on the left pedal. You know like going up hill. Any helpful advice?:confused:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
how frequent is the clicking? if it's once per revolution of the crank, check the end of your front der. cable and make sure tha crank isn't hitting it. if it's constant, rapid clicking, your der is out of adjustment, if it's once every two revolutions of the crank, sometimes more, sometimes less, it's a problem with your chain.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
chain is probably just hitting the rivet head on the FD. when you are torquing on the pedals, everything flexes, especially on a rear suspension frame. Chainline goes crooked and stuff rubs.

if your chain clearance is good, make sure your cranks and pedals are tight.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
If you used a hose on it you may have driven contaminants past seals or just got grit into some moving part?

lou_b_83

It did turn out to be the bottom bracket. I have a 07 Cannondale Prophet 5. Would like to get a BB that wont go bad in 5 months.:mad: It came with a TruVatiV ISIS GigaPipe SL. Any suggestions?

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
It did turn out to be the bottom bracket. I have a 07 Cannondale Prophet 5. Would like to get a BB that wont go bad in 5 months.:mad: It came with a TruVatiV ISIS GigaPipe SL. Any suggestions?

Dont ride in mud, water or dusty conditions. :p

Engignar

Not to hijack but I am having the same issues..creak in the BB and a little play in the cranks due to a worn BB. I am also looking for a good Crank and BB that will hold up for more than a year. I am light but tend to beat on things pretty hard. Suggestions? Bike is an Iron Horse MKIII. Rigt now I am leaning towards an 08 XT

Top Bottom