Clayton Park Conditions

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Still a little slick dropping in to the field by the pond and a few other spots but not really wet at all. (No standing water other than the connector next to the pond)
Totally rideable without doing damage to the tread. By Sunday, it should be perfect.

Molasses

Hey All! Looking to get a post ride in after work- Did the violent storms from yesterday (Tuesday, July 17th) reach as far as Clayton? If so I assume conditions would be poor but please confirm. THANKS!

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hey All! Looking to get a post ride in after work- Did the violent storms from yesterday (Tuesday, July 17th) reach as far as Clayton? If so I assume conditions would be poor but please confirm. THANKS!
I haven't been over there but i live close. We got some rain yesterday but it was sooooooo dry before that, I think you will be fine

Molasses

Hey all- was pretty resigned to hop on my SPIN bike today but wondering if Clayton was spared the rain and is rideable today, Sunday 8/12? Thinking mid afternoon? I know Bridgewater area got nearly 2 inches of rain so that pretty much knocks out Nassau, Chimney Rock, Lewis Morris and 6 Mile.

Rusty

Hey all- was pretty resigned to hop on my SPIN bike today but wondering if Clayton was spared the rain and is rideable today, Sunday 8/12? Thinking mid afternoon? I know Bridgewater area got nearly 2 inches of rain so that pretty much knocks out Nassau, Chimney Rock, Lewis Morris and 6 Mile.

https://www.iweathernet.com/total-rainfall-map-24-hours-to-72-hours

you can zoom in and see how much rain we had.

Clayton got between .2 and .3 inches. Was dry two days ago. Should be ok.

R Treb

Huge old tree down on DH Drop completely blocks trail. There is a makeshift bypass. And Tobaggon downhill is more eroded than usual with leaves thrown in the mix , pretty damn sketch.

szymon

Didn't get a chance to check if the tree is still down on dh drop yesterday but the whole field by the pond was standing water. There was a tree down on doctors creek and a bypass made, most of the back was in really good shape. The bridges trail fire road section was flooded and with all of todays rain and Mondays rain its going to be bad.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Didn't get a chance to check if the tree is still down on dh drop yesterday but the whole field by the pond was standing water. There was a tree down on doctors creek and a bypass made, most of the back was in really good shape. The bridges trail fire road section was flooded and with all of todays rain and Mondays rain its going to be bad.
The tree was there on Wednesday and the area by the pond still a mess. Remembered of the Park was good before the rain.

Scott

Got in a couple laps today.
The downhill from parking lot through field was spectacular... TM cleared debris and leaves (Thank you!)
Lower field by pond was drenched and had to walk around some muck and water.
There were some wet spots where there’s always wet spots along the connector trail, but not too bad (rideable).
The rest was great! Go get it!
Thanks again for the TM, there were many sections cleared of debris, downed trees, branches and leaves.

How are conditions of late? Last night may have made things bad. Havent been here yet this year ive been waiting for it to dry out.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trails as of Wednesday were great. The tree Was still down Wednesday nite.
Conditions will change with tonite rain. @RobW

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions