Clayton Park Conditions

E

Ed V

Anyone been here lately. I might give it a try on Sun. or Mon. Is it worth the drive.

fiftyfixe

Anyone been here since irene?

I have not been there since Irene but I was there just before and the conditions were good. It is starting to show signs of erosion from all the heavy rains we've had this month but it was still very ride able

tengo

I was there on Tuesday but didn't get to ride every trail. From what I saw so far there was one downed tree blocking the bridges trail when you ride in from the left (through the fields). Other than that, it was just a lot of small branches and leaves on the ground. The erosion didn't appear to be any more that we've had recently.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Some ruts on the downs but overall conditions are good/fair. Fast enough to have fun, but unforseen hazards do exist.

Odiggy

Clayton conditions were very good. No puddles, paths were clear. It's the Last of the summer wine. Get in there before the leaves start to drop!

fstrike

Its a great place to check out only about 7 miles of trails but really fast. Wouldn't pass to many places up north to come here though.

Odiggy

slopfest. Wait for freezing temps.

I stopped going there once I saw the hunting season signs. I've always harbored a secret fear of being gunned down by Elmer Fudd!
Isn't there still hunting season until like Feb. 2012??
Clayton is my closest, most convenient trail, but I'm not at all going to be mistaken for a deer! I'll wait for "wabbit season!"

addicted7369

I stopped going there once I saw the hunting season signs. I've always harbored a secret fear of being gunned down by Elmer Fudd!
Isn't there still hunting season until like Feb. 2012??
Clayton is my closest, most convenient trail, but I'm not at all going to be mistaken for a deer! I'll wait for "wabbit season!"

:hysterica He said wabbit season

fstrike

slick in some spots, not really muddy but pretty soft, would be great tomrw but think more rain is on the way def give a couple of days after any rain.

took my dtr out for a ride at clayton today - first time there - great park for us - nothing too difficult and plenty of smooth easy riding

IMG_8844.jpg

Last edited:

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hit up Clayton today on the way home from a meeting this evening for the first time. Place was a lot of fun. Thanks to SS Dave and Erik for giving me the tour...

brian

Odiggy

Nice first ride of the season!!

Hit up Clayton today on the way home from a meeting this evening for the first time. Place was a lot of fun. Thanks to SS Dave and Erik for giving me the tour...

brian

Got my 1st ride of 2012 in yesterday at Clayton. The trail was in excellent condition! Shout out of thanks to my man Rick for letting me use his pump!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions