Clayton Park Conditions

McKMtnBk

Wassup Mac! I've been losing some pounds on the b-ball courts. I'm very anti cold, so had to wait it out. Let me know when/where your riding so we can connect again!

I hear ya on the cold. The south So. Jersey (Ceres, GCC and CCC) trails are in great shape. Ceres is jumping every evening these days. I'm hoping to ride Ceres tomorrow afternoon and Monday around 3:30.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just got back from hiking a few miles at Clayton with my son. Despite all of the rain, the tread is firm. A few puddles in the usual places but nothing bad at all that we saw. The rain was desperately needed as it was really dry and sandy previously.

TeamMuddySprocket

Just got back from hiking a few miles at Clayton with my son. Despite all of the rain, the tread is firm. A few puddles in the usual places but nothing bad at all that we saw. The rain was desperately needed as it was really dry and sandy previously.

Agree w the sandy part!

Odiggy

Anyone been here lately. I might give it a try on Sun. or Mon. Is it worth the drive.

This morning, I found the first right of Bridges trail (doing "all rights") has been shut down. It was my 1st time over here in a long while. Anybody know why? :cry:

Sandman98

first time

I was there this morning around 11am. The trails are kinda slippery in some spots and some puddles. theres a huge tree blocking I believe its old forge trail. Its a great work out and the climbs are pretty fair and rewarding. I cant wait to come back!

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 293

Rusty

Trails are in great shape at Clayton...one or two small puddles and some of the sand has firmed up with the rain...

Rusty

Lots o little debris (sticks leaves) on the trail, but the good news is the storm did tighten up some of the sand....go ride there, have fun.

Sandman98

Clayton really is a good workout. Nice and packed trails it's a little damp but overall it's fast and flowy.

giff06

Pat and I will be starting a road ride from there in the AM. Would imagine the lower trails would be messy(Dr Creek trail) but upper ones seem to drain well. Say "Hi" if you see the road tandem in the lot.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem
and Co-Mo Java on the road:)

Sandman98

Pat and I will be starting a road ride from there in the AM. Would imagine the lower trails would be messy(Dr Creek trail) but upper ones seem to drain well. Say "Hi" if you see the road tandem in the lot.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem
and Co-Mo Java on the road:)

Thanks! My buddies and I will be there around 8am.

I made my first trip to Clayton today. The trails are well marked. You are not going to get lost here. It was muddy in places from the rain last night and the trails are covered with fallen leaves. Still, it was a great ride. For a relatively small park, there is a lot of fun here.

Not sandy, unless it was under the leaves and packed down. There are more, longer sweeping downhills than Allaire to build speed on (of course that means much longer uphills too). I used my bell on the downhills, but it was not crowded at all. I saw 10 or 12 hikers and only 3 other bikes in a 1-1/2 hr late morning ride. I did walk a few steep hills, especially rooty ones.

My average speed at Clayton was about 6.5mph compared to an average speed of 8.3mph on a typical Allaire ride. Some slow speed can be attributed to slippery conditions, new to me trail, and the long uphills.

This park may not be worth a long trip, but as said earler in this thread, well worth a stop if you are in the area.

Attachments

• 121020_0000.jpg
    121020_0000.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

Sandman98

I made my first trip to Clayton today. The trails are well marked. You are not going to get lost here. It was muddy in places from the rain last night and the trails are covered with fallen leaves. Still, it was a great ride. For a relatively small park, there is a lot of fun here.

Not sandy, unless it was under the leaves and packed down. There are more, longer sweeping downhills than Allaire to build speed on (of course that means much longer uphills too). I used my bell on the downhills, but it was not crowded at all. I saw 10 or 12 hikers and only 3 other bikes in a 1-1/2 hr late morning ride. I did walk a few steep hills, especially rooty ones.

My average speed at Clayton was about 6.5mph compared to an average speed of 8.3mph on a typical Allaire ride. Some slow speed can be attributed to slippery conditions, new to me trail, and the long uphills.

This park may not be worth a long trip, but as said earler in this thread, well worth a stop if you are in the area.

My friend and I rides here a lot. This park offers a good work out. Let me know when are you planning to go back.

Sandy

giff06

Clayton was leaf covered but hardpacked, dry and fast today. Get out there tomorrow before the storm spoils it all next week.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions