Clayton is a mess....

rocknrollgirl

I post a reply up in the rides forum in respones to the trail conditions at Clayton. We went today and it was a mess. The worst that I have ever seen it. It was a bad decision on my part.

We cut our ride short as did several other groups that we talked to in the parking lot. I would advise people to stay away until we get either a serious freeze, or a spring thaw follwed by a period of very dry weather.

mango

I've been GeoCaching around the area, some serious mud going on. I'll be hitting the area for a ride soon.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been GeoCaching around the area, some serious mud going on. I'll be hitting the area for a ride soon.

So...your message is, you've been there, it's a mess, you'll ride it soon?

Awesome!*

*sarcasm

Deezul

Any more recent updates? The only time I went was very late last season and I'm itching to go again

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I'm not sure how much rain fell @ clayton the last 2 days. The weather was very sporatic.
If they didn't get much, than clayton should be in really good shape. I was there on the 12th last and it was in really nice shape.

giff06

It seems OK

We did a tandem road ride that we started from Clayton and asked every rider and dog walker we saw in the parking lot about the trail conditions and all response was positive. Most said the parking lot was the worst area in appearance and the trails were dry.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I stopped @ the parking lot during my road ride yesterday, there must have been 35 cars there.

mango

I think the statue of limitations about Norm's comment expired by the time you responded :D

Now I see where norms comment about mud came from.

I guess the sarcasm of my initial message was lost by him, or his sarcasm in his response negated my sarcastic response about riding in mud and the internets gobbled it up.

:p

The Kalmyk

Couldn't make Chimney Rock so I had to settle for two loops @ Clayton:mad2:...For the sake of staying on topic the trail where "muy seco"

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions