Clayton conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvizz

Managed to get a good ride in this morning with Schwalbe Rocket Ron tires on my Scalpel. Most trails had some tire tracks through hard packed snow over crunchy ice. The tires felt and sounded like I was riding through broken glass with the ice surface below the snow, but was able to navigate up and down hills with not too much slipping. The trail between cornfield and pond was flooded so managed to ride on ice that was solid enough to not break through. A lot of ice in some areas so may take some time before the thaw and drainage for drier conditions.

Mrdlegend

Rode Clayton on Tues when frozen with my homemade spiked tires. Wasn't bad but hard work as there was a crunchy layer of snow over the ice. Today went back before dark. Yesterday's thaw turned the whole place Into sheer ice. Only way to ride was with spikes and it was a blast

Mrdlegend

Rode here Fri with spikes but most of the park was sheer ice. Even with spiked tires it was very slick. Attempted again Sun after the snow and was a little better although the snow is so light you still get down to the ice pretty easily. Flatter sections not so bad; any steep hill too slick. Plus some areas of drifted snow to 12in or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions