Class Action??

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Alot of 29 talk is going around and i must say i love my bike. 29 took a couple weeks for my body and reflexes to adjust to but at this point i'm so amazed that I'm just flat out pissed off. All the years of industry BS, gizmos and constant changes and all they ever had to do was CHANGE THE FRICKIN WHEEL SIZE!! Can we band together and sue the entire cycling industry for crimes against humanity?? I been sliding down the scale for years from moto to DH to XC and now I have a bike that feels like a KX250 although I'm the only engine.Everyday someone else gets a new 29 and gets to go on a group ride w/ they're old buds on 26 and learns what it really means to shoot fish in a barrel.Anyway, I'm reborn and overjoyed but still think that some moron industry designer/marketer owes me like 15 yrs of happiness.Anybody into pro bono work??

dualfisted

I was almost cool before it was cool, ha.

I began mtb'ing on a 29" hybrid, like a Diamond Back Approach, my friends called it "The Wrong Approach". That was in like '91 or '92, I remember that thing bunny hopped anything and rolled over even more. I've got a feeling that my next bike will be either a road bike or a 29" SS. We'll see though, I must be smelling money or something, I've got three job interviews this week, and the one this morning already called me back for another interview. Haha. My point is, I remember that even on really crappy bike, with the earliest versions of grip shift on it, that bike rolled, and rolled well. I realized much later that the wheel size may have been the difference, that and the fact that I was a Marine, fresh out of boot camp with lungs that pumped oxygen like mad and muscles that didn't quit for hours, haha.

The Kalmyk

Can we band together and sue the eI been slidintire cycling industry for crimes against humanity??

I could sue you for posting this.....I think suing the industry for crimes against humanity:rofl: should be a walk in the park.....Im in:)

Shaggz

A strong 7
sue everyone.

in the immortal words of oleg, you guys are like school during the summer. you have no class

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Sounds good, Brett. I just dig hearing how stoked you are to ride your bike. That's really what this is all about.

dualfisted

In the immortal words of Rodney Dangerfield "How's about you call me sometime when you have no class!?!?" Haha.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if it means i wont have to work any more, sign me up. 26" wheels are discriminatory against people over 6'.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I guess I'm a retro grouch, (all my bikes, except my SS are 8 speed). I just can't force myself to commit to a whole new system when all the crap I have is 26" oriented.

dualfisted

haha

if it means i wont have to work any more, sign me up. 26" wheels are discriminatory against people over 6'.

No kidding, I'm 6' 6", and if my frame wasn't so big, I'd look like I was on a bmx bike, and is so stiff that if I wasn't the epitome of tall guy gracefullness, I'd have shattered wrists and a shot out back by now,,, I'm in on this lawsuit. Also, I ordered a BB from a shop today and they had every future toy I want in there,,,,,, Biachi fixxed gear track style bike, sweet road bikes, and 29'ers and SS's out the whazooo,,,,, I'm sure they had to mop the floor from my drool. I really should stay out of bicycle shops in general, especially when I'm broke.

walter

Fourth Party
No kidding, I'm 6' 6", and if my frame wasn't so big, I'd look like I was on a bmx bike, and is so stiff that if I wasn't the epitome of tall guy gracefullness, I'd have shattered wrists and a shot out back by now,,, I'm in on this lawsuit. Also, I ordered a BB from a shop today and they had every future toy I want in there,,,,,, Biachi fixxed gear track style bike, sweet road bikes, and 29'ers and SS's out the whazooo,,,,, I'm sure they had to mop the floor from my drool. I really should stay out of bicycle shops in general, especially when I'm broke.

You found a shop that stocks 29ers and SS'ers, in NJ, get the hell outta here:D

dualfisted

It was insane to find BOTH 29'ers and SS's,,,,, nice callin' me out on that. Actually, it was more the overabundance of everything I want in one place as opposed to just having a toy or two that I like......... it was more of a mecca........ ALSO, maybe it was better that I had no cash,,,,, cuz I certainly would've left with none.

Top Bottom