Cinco de Mayo at the Sourlands now 5/19 @ 4pm

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Weather is iffy, and nothing worse than riding the sourlands when it is even the slightest bit damp.

But, what do they know?

I'll be leading a moderate but determined group (so far just me, and maybe @Big Dumb Animal ) up to roaring rocks and beyond to play in the garden, and explore some alternate lines.
More accomplished riders, and those with carnal knowledge of SMP may break-off into a faster group.
Expect multiple attempts on the harder lines, and we can spot each other on the crazier features.
(i'm not catching @BDA)

The Sourlands are not for beginners - if you can ride everything at chimney rock, and want a challenge, come get it.

Meet here - roll at 1600

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I’m game. So far work schedule allows it. I may jump in the trail a little earlier so I’m up top already. My climbing fitness just isn’t good for groups.

phillychris498

I'm in! But may be 20ish minutes late. I can post up the day of on my status and meet you guys on the way up, assuming you'll take the typical way to roaring rocks:

sourlands route.png

Patrick

Staff member
That's my usual route but this is Patrick's ride so he picks

that is the way. unless you are in a hurray, or that lower trail is swamped (water or people)

You can take Ryan and Chris, and maybe other Chris - we'll see ya up there.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
so, weather is definitely iffy for this. What do you think @Patrick ? I could probably do Thurs or Fri instead. Or if we wanna do tomorrow, do we do a straight up the pipeline mission? I can bring some tools and do some TM instead?

Patrick

Staff member
I think it will be too wet. Without a little sun and wind, the rocks will be no fun at all. Not sure Thursday will give enough time to dry.

My next available date to lead a ride is Tuesday the 11th.

I'll hike in with a rake and saw for a couple hours. Hit the switchback on new shoes, and the shot climb. Then work over by the top of the connector? Or look at the bad area on CM? Maybe rake the old line at roaring rocks

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I think it will be too wet. Without a little sun and wind, the rocks will be no fun at all. Not sure Thursday will give enough time to dry.

My next available date to lead a ride is Tuesday the 11th.

I'll hike in with a rake and saw for a couple hours. Hit the switchback on new shoes, and the shot climb. Then work over by the top of the connector? Or look at the bad area on CM? Maybe rake the old line at roaring rocks
I get my second shot on the 10th so depending on how I'm feeling will determine if I can ride on the 11th.

Top Bottom