Chronicles of the Big Leagues

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saturday Morning

Rode Stewart this morning with Woody. Have to say that Woody's game has picked up, or mine has gone south. Probably the truth lies somewhere in the middle but he's definitely able to hang more than in the past. He should do well in the SS sport class this year. I probably need to get less fat also.

Bagged the races this weekend. The geared bike has no brakes and the SS has a stripped EBB bolt. I would say it's a POS but I'm sure it's my fault. Woody took a look at it after we got home and he said, "Boy you really know how to strip a bolt, don't you?" I have mad skills, what can I say?

Ride the 34x17 today and my knees hurt like hell. What was I thinking going from the lighter SS with a 33x19 to the heavier SS with 34x17? Foco commented that the expert winners will be turning those big gears. No idea why I'm listening to that, that's not my league. I blew up the chain about halfway through the first lap so now this chain has 3, count 'em 3, quick links. I think I need a new chain.

First lap 10 mph, second lap 11 mph. Course is fast and super fast and if this was a geared course it would be even faster, especially the last half of it. There are 2 super awesome surprises in this course. The first nobody, and I mean nobody, will be able to clean but it's cool as hell. The second reminds me of the tunnel in Granogue for some reason. Hopefully I can get this race sub 2, but I'm not thinking that's going to happen. Need to go back up with an actual race-ready bike and try it out. Some of these sport guys are going to struggle to turn a 3 hour race time I think.

Saturday Afternoon

Hung out with Julia while mom went out to buy her presents for her birthday next week. We tried to pick all the dandelions in the yard. I'm sure we failed. Looked for some red wine but apparently we have none. I appear to be out of beer as well. My knees hurt. We then went upstairs to try and clean up some of her disaster area and I found an old R2D2 figuring I gave to her a year ago.

Saturday Late Afternoon

Just got word from Fred that he did well in the Battenkill race. Props to him. Apparently they temporarily lost someone's wife in the process. Not sure how they're related but it sounds like it might be an interesting story.

Started a new training blog-thread on the website today. Trying out a new format which will likely allow me to post more left field stuff. The idea is that I'm just writing my own diary of the race season but it's really for everyone to see, and not really private. Unless nobody reads it, then it would be private. Brings to mind the expression "hidden in plain sight" which Dan Brown really admires. I named it "Chronicles of the Big Leagues" because thesaurus.com gave me those 2 words for diary and expert. I was going to call it something like "The Diary of a Mediocre Expert" but went with this instead. It also suggested "virtuoso" but I thought that was a little obnoxious, and undoubtedly overstated.

Pics

The orange bikes hanging, the chain, and one of the droids. These are not the droids you are looking for.

4509157370_39639f6878.jpg

4508516949_1e08efe8fc_m.jpg

26180_1388281303047_1112505435_1225194_3494861_n.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
I read Rod Stewart 3 times.
Great, now I have to drive up there and see if I can clear it? I can't pass up a challange.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In on page 1. :D

and you sealed it for me, I'm staying with my 18T for the SSaP.

VanDbtRiver

well done. I am curious to see what the super cool surprises are all about. What tire pressure were you guys runnin' with the rigid set up's?

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
The suprise is unrideable...maybe you can go up the side on the left. Its gonna be fast race if it stays dry. Really liked Major Mike 2.0 the new cut is nice.

woody

I read Rod Stewart 3 times.
Great, now I have to drive up there and see if I can clear it? I can't pass up a challange.

way too funny...when norm & i talked about making the claim that NOBODY would clean it, i predicted right away that gtluke would want to prove us wrong... good luck! ;)

gtluke

The Moped
See, you guys gets your rocks off seeing how fast you can do a lap. I don't give a crap about that, I want to be the first fat bastard to clean an obstacle :)

woody

Rigid or sussy for the course? Opinons wanted...

if you're comfortable running rigid in places like ssp, I say go with it! most of the course is super fast and smooth.
but norm mentioned that he would have felt more confident with the sussy fork.

woody

well done. I am curious to see what the super cool surprises are all about. What tire pressure were you guys runnin' with the rigid set up's?

we were laughing out loud when we realized that the surprises were actually part of the course. one of them will make a great spot for photos (not the one that NOBODY will clean...the other one.) guaranteed to make the cover of dirt rag

i'll be somewhere around 23-25psi

woody

Point it out on a map so I can claim it my photo spot and murder any intruders :)

pm sent
keep it a secret! :getsome:

we should ride together some day...i'm way more into cleaning obstacles than going fast.

VanDbtRiver

we were laughing out loud when we realized that the surprises were actually part of the course. one of them will make a great spot for photos (not the one that NOBODY will clean...the other one.) guaranteed to make the cover of dirt rag

i'll be somewhere around 23-25psi

:D does it have to do with jumping three crocs in a pond... trials style?

Top Bottom