Christmas Break Getaway

xc62701

Hey guys I'm looking ahead a month to my christmas break from school. I have off from the 25th to jan 1st. I'd like to do a little biking road trip. Where should I head? I've been dying to get back to Pisgah, so that's always on the list. Plane tickets are out as I just wanna drive wherever I'm going. Anywhere on the east coast is fair game. I know the north is pretty much out. Where should I head? I know there's decent stuff outside the atlanta area. Is there anything good elsewhere in GA or even SC??? Road trip anyone???

Ryan H.

W

wraithracing520

xmas break

You know where you should go. Head down to the Shanandoa Mountains, or even by the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are some amazing views and alot of nice people up there. I'd love to go with you but I'll be teaching snowboarding at creek. I have like 50 back issues of BIKE magazine that have a bunch of cool epic rides. I'll look through em and give you a couple of them for some ideas.

Peace dude.

"Keep on riding, no matter what life throws at you.":cool:

xc62701

wraithracing520 said:
You know where you should go. Head down to the Shanandoa Mountains, or even by the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are some amazing views and alot of nice people up there. I'd love to go with you but I'll be teaching snowboarding at creek. I have like 50 back issues of BIKE magazine that have a bunch of cool epic rides. I'll look through em and give you a couple of them for some ideas.

Peace dude.

"Keep on riding, no matter what life throws at you.":cool:

Well that's what I keep on thinking. Pisgah SF is right off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. When I was there in May I camped on the ridge next to the parkway and it was gorgeous. And I know there are a ton of trails to ride, especially the seasonal ones that opened in October. When in doubt I'm going to head to Pisgah and do a bunch of solo rides. I'm sure I can find people there to hook up with for rides.

On the other side I'm thinking about a climbing trip possibly as well, but if I do that it'll probably be back to Alabama for HP40. There might be some bike trails around there...

Ryan H.

Top Bottom