Chimney Rock tomorrow, (12-13-2008)

al415

Banned
I'll be at Newman's lane tomorrow, late morning. On some sort of singlespeed. Not sure which one. Anyone?

VanDbtRiver

ya know this already, but it is going to be muddier than a whore in church at the ol' rock... or something like that:hmmm:

al415

Banned
Really? Poop. I'll be up there for equestrian related chores. Is there anything within a reasonable drive that handles the water better?

VanDbtRiver

go for it if you've got the time, just checked the weather, a high of 32 tomorrow in Leb, NJ. maybe things will be frozen.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Round Valley will be about as good as you can get around these parts for sure. Well aside from the road.

Where are you going to be? Bring your road bike and join me.

al415

Banned
Round Valley will be about as good as you can get around these parts for sure. Well aside from the road.

Where are you going to be? Bring your road bike and join me.

My road bike is in bits... transitioning from one frame to another. It's cross bike, 25 year old ss mtb or 12 year old ss mtb for me at the moment.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My road bike is in bits... transitioning from one frame to another.It's cross bike, 29 year old ss mtb or 12 year old ss mtb for me at the moment.

They made mountain bikes in 1979?

Cross bike on the road!

Lewis Morris will be better than CR but it will still be wet. RV is your best bet but not exactly SS friendly if you have Allaire gearing on it.

al415

Banned
They made mountain bikes in 1979?

Cross bike on the road!

Lewis Morris will be better than CR but it will still be wet. RV is your best bet but not exactly SS friendly if you have Allaire gearing on it.
They made em' in 1984... and I thought my math was bad! I only really mind the wet and the mud to the extent that it damages the trail (at the risk of sounding like a sanctimonious hippy!) If I'm not going to be doing too much damage I don't mind getting muddy, wherever I am

kush

They made em' in 1984... and I thought my math was bad! I only really mind the wet and the mud to the extent that it damages the trail (at the risk of sounding like a sanctimonious hippy!) If I'm not going to be doing too much damage I don't mind getting muddy, wherever I am

We are meeting at the Main Lot in RV shortly before 8am. I send you my cell in PM; if you like you are welcome to join. Blue cherokee, superfly, ordinary white guy.

woody

Really? Poop. I'll be up there for equestrian related chores. Is there anything within a reasonable drive that handles the water better?

CR is definitely a fragile mess right now. :cry:
RV should be fine - those trails hold up great even if it's pouring WHILE you're riding (like it was for me a few weeks ago) - I'm headed over there shortly for the 8A ride.
Wherever you go, Have fun! :D

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Sheeeeiiit. When I started this thread lastnight I was measuring my laphroaig in Megalithic yards. I feel like an extinct prehistoric bird today.
So, I guess that means you just woke up?:D

Top Bottom