Chimney Rock, Sunday 12/28

scotth

Anyone going to Chimney Rock on the 28th? I'm going to try for an early mourning ride if the weather & trails are ok. I have a two or three hour fun pass:)

Regards,

Scott

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's supposed to be 43 degrees Sunday morning plus rain overnight tonight. Given the recent weather, I'm not even sure the pavement around Chimney Rock is going to be ok. :)

This is a common theme with posted rides these days. Really tough time to be looking to get on the trails. I was on the road in that area today and was surprised how little snow is still on the ground. But I still can't imagine it will be anything but a muddy mess. Maybe someone can chime in with a first hand report.

alex_k

RV and CR

RV is covered packed ice and snow, CR under melted snow

both are not rideable :(

dhsean

Trail Karma

Karma sucks - trust me.

I was on the way the Chimney Rock today and got hit head on around one of the curves on Chimney Rock road. The little red fit is no more - totally destroyed and I have a killer case of wiplash. Spent the afternoon in the hospital getting xrays and filing out paper work.

The trail gods laid down the law on me. :(

BiknBen

Karma sucks - trust me.

I was on the way the Chimney Rock today and got hit head on around one of the curves on Chimney Rock road. The little red fit is no more - totally destroyed and I have a killer case of wiplash. Spent the afternoon in the hospital getting xrays and filing out paper work.

Glad you are ok Sean. I guess you've paid the price and can go riding wherever you want for a little while.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Dude! Never mind the trails- glad to hear that you are OK. That is some scary stuff.:(

dhsean

Sorry, to totally hijack the thread. Yep, I'm fine, everything checked out. I went to the hospital because of my previous history of spinal injuries and just wanted to be sure it was just a bad case of wiplash. I got some pain meds and should be fine in a week.

If I were on the road bike I would have been road kill. The guy never made the corner, he just plowed straight across. Amazingly that little car kept me safe even though it is destroyed. As always with doctors and EMTs, they were great and you always get "its good that your in shape or else you would be seriously hurt". Fitness saves lives! - Hopefully I'll be back on the trails next weekend.

xc62701

Wow sorry to hear that man! Feel better soon! Can we stop having all these accidents...sheesh... MTBNJ needs some better karma alltogether...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
holy shit thats just to scary so glad your ok and the fit being pint size and able to be thinking about riding next week... good luck on your recovery of self and new car, where was the bike?

Frank

Sasquatch
Karma sucks - trust me.

Geez Sean...get better soon pal.

Dude! Never mind the trails-
what ?? :scared:

sorry Chris...I had to. :eek:

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Sounds to me like I need to get a road bike already. The trails are gonna be a no go for a while, if the weather stays like this.

Sean: Sorry about your accident, but really glad to hear you're OK.

Top Bottom