Chimney Rock Suggestions

R

remolution

I am pretty new and inexperienced (and out of shape :). Thinking about checking out Chimney Rock on Sunday. Any suggestions on which trail is easier?

ArmyOfNone

the white and blue trails are the easiest. Orange, red, and yellow tend to me a bit more fun. Park on the newmans lane side would be my suggestion.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
need info too

I was also thinking on checking it out. Is it big? Are trails well marked?
Is it rocky & rooty?.....Me likes the RAWKS!
Thanks,

I was also thinking on checking it out. Is it big? Are trails well marked?
Is it rocky & rooty?.....Me likes the RAWKS!
Thanks,

CR is big, trails are pretty well marked now. Stick to the blue square blazed trails opposite Newman's Lane and then ride the Red blazes on the side of the parking lot.

Definitely lots of baby heads and boulders at CR. I will probably ride there one night next week, probably Wednesday. Let me know if you are up for a tour.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Certainly helps to go with someone. Can't imagine you'd end up finding much more than half the trails going solo.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Certainly helps to go with someone. Can't imagine you'd end up finding much more than half the trails going solo.

Then I guess 'll try to find somebody to give me a tour one of these days. Thanks.

CR is big, trails are pretty well marked now. Stick to the blue square blazed trails opposite Newman's Lane and then ride the Red blazes on the side of the parking lot.

Definitely lots of baby heads and boulders at CR. I will probably ride there one night next week, probably Wednesday. Let me know if you are up for a tour.

It seems like a long ride for me for a weekday night ride but thanks for the info anyway. Plus, I still don't have lights :( I usually find somebody to borrow them from, but I guess it is time I get my own.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When are you looking to ride? And are you either dreadfully slow or blindingly fast?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you exceptionally short?

Ok so name a time and maybe I'll be able to show you around.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
When are you looking to ride? And are you either dreadfully slow or blindingly fast?

Norm on Blind date:

Are you so f.n ugly that I will puke?
Do you have the regular assortment of limbs?
Do you enjoy a protein shake?

Mk1Racer

Norm on Blind date:

Are you so f.n ugly that I will puke?
Do you have the regular assortment of limbs?
Do you enjoy a protein shake?

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!

I'd actually like to get together for a ride w/ some folks that would tolerate a nOOb that's still figuring out the whole MTB thing. CR is on my way home from work, and I could probably get there ~5:30 - 5:45. I'm off on Wednesdays and would be up for that or 6-Mile. I've ridden the white trail at CR a couple of times, but that's it.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!

I'd actually like to get together for a ride w/ some folks that would tolerate a nOOb that's still figuring out the whole MTB thing. CR is on my way home from work, and I could probably get there ~5:30 - 5:45. I'm off on Wednesdays and would be up for that or 6-Mile. I've ridden the white trail at CR a couple of times, but that's it.

Its all about the ride for me,if you want to ride CR im there on sun. morn.(before work) hit me a PM or if anyone wants to go to Six Mile i been doing shop rides on Tues, nights around 7;30(again after the shop closes) we meet at soccer fields need light though all are welcome its a no drop ride. Again its all about havin fun and doing what we all enjoy''RIDING''.and after the ride we go get burretos''yum'':D .If intersted give us a shout at Bike-N-Gear or PM me.

Top Bottom