Chimney Rock snow report anyone?

skully

Nope ......I tried on Saturday...lower red trail ...it was a mess !!!!!!too many "holes " in the snow from hikers/dog walkers ,trails is not flat at all ...couldn't get any type of momentum going at all .....turned around and called it a day after about a mile as it wasn't worth the trouble

terrabike01

Nope ......I tried on Saturday...lower red trail ...it was a mess !!!!!!too many "holes " in the snow from hikers/dog walkers ,trails is not flat at all ...couldn't get any type of momentum going at all .....turned around and called it a day after about a mile as it wasn't worth the trouble
Ran into the hiker holes at another place too. Everytime i got going my front tire would drop into a hole. Can't they wait the spring lol.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Unrideable except for a short link on yellow. There is a path across the ballfield. Not wide enough for cranks to clear.

Behind the ballfield loop was hike. Can ride to gilbride. Orange to guardrail not trampled. Didn't check the other side.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i put a sign up to go to the tourne. the ballfield parking lot isn't really plowed!

What does not really plowed mean?

We will be out hiking tomorrow with like 18 people from the NICA team. Bunch of snowshoes so maybe there will be a slightly better pack.

But probably not.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We were there today. I live 4 miles away and don’t see myself even considering a bike there for a month. We took the snow shoes today and outer yellow coming down was still totally unbroken snow.

Some stuff is probably fat bikeable but it’s one of those “I did it to do it” kinda things. If you live close enough to bother you already know. Otherwise you likely live too far away to bother.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Back today with snowshoes & pup. Did blue. The Middlebrook trail has been packed down by the quads that come in for hunting. The rest is possibly fat bike ready on the outer loop. Middle blue forget it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions