Chimney Rock ride 4/20/08...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Chimney Rock ride this Sunday, 4/20/08...I have to be at work by noon so I need to be done riding by a little after 11...I'd like to get started around 8am so I have time to do 2 of the loops we did on Thursday...Hopefully I won't be sick by then and the pace will be a little quicker:D

-Jim.

Steve Vai

i dont think i could go back to that place until i have a suspension fork. :(

You know, the bicycle industry still offers a whole bunch of mountain bikes that come with both gears and suspension forks, some of those even have a 29 inch wheel option, and believe it or not, it's possible to even be kinda fast on one:D

Singlespeeds are a choice, not a race class;)

-Jim.

Fred, I don't think that I had much of problem at the rock, except for a flat tire...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! It will only make you stronger.....Jim, remember the boys on single speeds at fair hills where not far off the pace of you ROCK stars with gears...Peace...:D Fat guys rule:getsome:

Steve Vai

Ride cancelled?

This cold I have just keeps getting worse instead of better, I though I could just sweat it out but that seems to not be working so well...If I am able to wake-up from my Nyquil induced coma in time to ride, I'll be there by 8:30am at the latest...If I'm not there, go do trail work for Jay:D

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

I will be back regardless of gears and a suspension fork. its fun to be a drama queen. Jim ill catch you one day!

dhsean

2 wheel drifts of death!

I was there today at 9:00 with my friend Chad killing it DH style - "5 minute full out sprints of 2 wheel drifts with parts dropping off the bikes". It started to get a little too drifty with all the mist starting to slick things up a bit. This time I was fully hydrated and rested so things were great. Plattekill opens next weekend - wohoooo!

Fred, I can take out the fully rigid Salsa on 26ers. That makes it even worse so I can complain more. :rofl:

Top Bottom