Chimney Rock noon tomorrow 10/11

Maurice

Posting this just in case anyone's interested.

I'll start from the parking lot on Crim road around noon tomorrow for a 1 1/2 hour ride.

Maurice

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maurice,

Would love to join you but my kids need someone to take care of them. Maybe one of these days we'll hook up for a ride again. You racing All-a-muchy on Sunday? SS again?

Kirt

Maurice

Kirt,

no worries, I knew I was posting late. I'll be riding a bit more casually for a bit so I'll probably be posting more rides. OTOH you won't want to ride with me on Thursday :D

Yes I'll be at the All-a-Muchy, should be fun. No SS this year, I'm changing things a bit. Did Bob volunteer you to marshall again ;) or are you racing?

Cheers,

Maurice

Maurice

Sure.

The parking lot is on Crim Rd. (look it up on maps.google.com), across from the school. There's some soccer fields.

I'll be there at noon.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wish I could join you and give you a preview of just how poorly I'll do this Sunday, but work pays the bills.

I looked up Crim road. Is that where the flat trail along the stream eventually goes? I took that out to the first road crossing once and left it at that. Is there anything more out there or do you use that as a warmup?

Maurice

I'm lucky enough to work 5 minutes from CR so I ride in my lunch breaks.

Yes that's where the flat trail ends. It keeps going for a while after the school and sort of doubles at one point but it's all flat around the stream.

When I ride in from work I'll take it since it's on my way, otherwise I just park there because I don't like people staring out of their cars on Newmans Lane or the ball fields.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks, I'll check it out sometime. I like warming up for a few minutes before I ride which generally never happens.

Maurice said:
I'm lucky enough to work 5 minutes from CR so I ride in my lunch breaks.

So...is your company hiring? :)

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maurice,

I'll be at the race, riding not really racing, just hoping to finish in a reasonable time. If you’re riding Friday let me know as I should be available.

Kirt

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
not to hijack the thread, but...

Maurice said:
Yes I'll be at the All-a-Muchy, should be fun. No SS this year, I'm changing things a bit.
Maurice, what gear did you run last year at All-A-Muchy? I haven't ridden there in years, not at all on the SS; my recollection of the climbs is pretty dim. Thanks!

Maurice

Kirt said:
Maurice,

I'll be at the race, riding not really racing, just hoping to finish in a reasonable time. If you’re riding Friday let me know as I should be available.

Kirt

Friday might not work out for me. Next week I should be able to go any day (every day??). :)

Maurice

Maurice

ChrisG said:
Maurice, what gear did you run last year at All-A-Muchy? I haven't ridden there in years, not at all on the SS; my recollection of the climbs is pretty dim. Thanks!

Chris,

32x17.

There really is a fair amount of climbing, right from the get go. Another tooth on the back might not hurt.

Maurice

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Non human type..

Maurice said:
Chris,

32x17.

There really is a fair amount of climbing, right from the get go. Another tooth on the back might not hurt.

Maurice

In order for me to keep up with Chris everyone should tell him to get a 30 x 20.

In terms of Allamuchy I rode the 33 x18 and I am sure you would have been fine with that. You might swap out your 34 for the 33.

J

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
jdog said:
In order for me to keep up with Chris everyone should tell him to get a 30 x 20.

In terms of Allamuchy I rode the 33 x18 and I am sure you would have been fine with that. You might swap out your 34 for the 33.

J
They went and re-opened All-A-Muchy on me. Dammit. I'm thinking the 33 would be the choice, should I decide to go.

Thanks for the replies, gents.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
SS Gearing

Hey Chris, keep in mind the stats...31 miles 5,000 of climbing. 32x18 might not be a bad thing. Another insight, the 7 miles after the half way point are the most technical.

Weather is looking good and Kirt has commited to the Race, things are good!

See everyone on Sunday!!! (Maybe we will see that Nelson guy?!?!?!)

Bob W.

Maurice

Better err on the safe side there, you'll thank us.

Bob is not kidding about what's after the aid station. It is quite misleading that it's located half-way in. Distance-wise, perhaps, but pain-wise, I don't think so ;)

Bob, is the dip at the end still there?

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maurice said:
Bob is not kidding about what's after the aid station. It is quite misleading that it's located half-way in. Distance-wise, perhaps, but pain-wise, I don't think so ;)

Clubber, what's your prediction for the fight?

Pain!

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
Race

Maurice said:
Better err on the safe side there, you'll thank us.

Bob, is the dip at the end still there?

Maurice

Maurice, Not to give too much away (sure), there will be lots of smiles witht he last 2miles or so of the race. Slightly diff finsih from last year, but fun all the same. So anyone thinking about not doing the whole thing, come on after the suffering there is the payoff!

Bob W.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Bob W said:
Maurice, Not to give too much away (sure), there will be lots of smiles witht he last 2miles or so of the race. Slightly diff finsih from last year, but fun all the same. So anyone thinking about not doing the whole thing, come on after the suffering there is the payoff!

Bob W.

payoff? will there be sweets for me at the finish? :D

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
Sweets!

Only if you eat all your meat!!! Mergs, nah we are just going to have you circle the middle third of the course! You will be riding the SL right?!?!?!

Bob W.

Top Bottom