Chimney Rock lunch rides

Maurice

Hi,

I'll be riding CR at noon this week. Most likely Wednesday and Friday. I'll keep posting in this thread the day before whenever I'm there.

I'll be starting from the Crim school soccer fields lot at around 12:00. Anyone welcome to join.

Cheers,

Maurice

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maurice,

Still plan on riding on Friday?

Kirt

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I may met up with you depending how I feel in the morning. I'm still recovering from a nice biff @ Blue over the weekend, sore ribs. I'll post in the am if I'll be there.

Kirt

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maurice,

I'll be there by noon. Have to stop by the Yamaha dealer to p/u a bike to try & stay up with you.:D I just may bail early depending how the ribs feel.

Kirt

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Humbling ride to say the least!

Good ride today Maurice. Kinda reminded me of when my wife use to ride with me & I always had to stop & wait for her with me playing my wife’s part today. It's amazing watching you rip thru technical sections with such ease. The climbs were even more amazing, you could pull away as if I was standing still. I know we ridden together before but how much better a rider you have become is just unbelievable. Hope to catch up with you again before you start training for next season.

Kirt

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kirt said:
A little to chilly for a dress yesterday.

That's too bad, since the season to be fashionable is quickly coming to an end.

Maurice

Kirt you're exaggerating, coming off a bad crash you were going pretty fast.

I'll try to hit the place at least once a week as the weather permits, I'll keep posting here the day before. Everyone welcome.

Maurice

Maurice

Ride 12/05

I know the place is muddy these days, but I can put together a ride with minimal bog crossing.

noon at school parking lot. Hopefully my bike will hold up, seems I'm paying for a season without mechanicals all at once...

Maurice

Mike679

No Lunch Rides for Me, But...

Maurice,

Was that you I saw on your bike at the jug-handle that crosses Rt. 22 in Whitehouse Station a couple of weeks ago during the evening rush-hour?

Mike

Maurice

Most likely.

That is one of the least enjoying parts of my commute, the other one being the crossing of the Hills in Basking Ridge (where the roads are the widest yet people deliberately brush past you).

Maurice

heythorp

If you dont mind me asking, what do you do? how far is your comute? do you have showers? Do you ride every day? Ect.... please fill in any likes dislikes about the comute.

Maurice

I'm a Software Engineer, I sit all day behind a desk.

I live in Lebanon and work in Liberty Corner. My commute is between 18 to 30 miles one way (as far as the hills around High Bridge on the way back). No showers, baby wipes are nice. In the winter I hardly break a sweat, but in the summer I'm dripping just looking at the bike. For that my coworkers are all buying shares of Tide Industries for "Tide with Febreze": sweaty clothes hold up well.

When I leave home at 7 AM I'm usually at work at 8 AM, that allows me to leave at around 4PM, which means these days I have to use lights. I'll commute up to three times a week when the weather/training regimen allows.

I love to commute by bike, I feel energized all day and sleep well at night. There are days without (obnoxious drivers, no energy, so cold my beard is all frozen, multiple flats and running out of patches, etc.) but even then it beats sitting in a car.

Usually car drivers pay attention unless they deliberately drive close (meaning they see you...). The scariest I've seen is cars passing me where there is no visibility and there is an oncoming car or truck... It really comes close some times.

Maurice

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maurice said:
Most likely.

That is one of the least enjoying parts of my commute, the other one being the crossing of the Hills in Basking Ridge (where the roads are the widest yet people deliberately brush past you).

Maurice

You referring to the climb up from Somerville Rd (from 512)? The people in that whole development seem to think anyone who doesn't live there is a parasite on the earth.

At least that's what I get when I ride through there.

Maurice

normZurawski said:
You referring to the climb up from Somerville Rd (from 512)? The people in that whole development seem to think anyone who doesn't live there is a parasite on the earth.

At least that's what I get when I ride through there.

Allen rd. Special place indeed.

clutch

Maurice said:
I know the place is muddy these days, but I can put together a ride with minimal bog crossing.

Sounds like you know the park better than me, but for whatever it's worth I rode there yesterday. The blue trail is really bad, but the rest is okay I guess. Orange and Yellow are the dryest of the lot.

Maurice

Taking out the re-born beast tomorrow. 12pm foot^H^H^H^H soccer fields across Crim school.

Last chance to skip Christmas shopping.

Cheers,

Maurice

Maurice

Late notice, but I'll be starting from the soccer fields at around noon today.

Easy ride, 1h30 with many bail-out spots, I just got around to replacing all the seals on my suspension so I want to check out a couple jumps I spotted recently.

I may also go same time tomorrow.

Maurice

Top Bottom