Chimney Rock EARLY tomorrow 12/7

scotth

I'm heading to Chimney Rock early in the mourning. I'm going to try to start at 6:30 and ride for about two hours, anyone interested?

Regards,

Scott

Last edited:

scotth

If I don't see anyone around I'm just going to do a few laps in the section across the street from the Newmans Lot. So, if you show up a little later I'll be over there. Stay Warm!!!

Scott

scotth

At 6:30 it was still a little dark, so I hung around until 7. With the slight snow cover it was very slippery over the rocks, it was hard to pick a line. Most of the time I was fighting to get my feet clipped back in.The snow and leaves got packed around the cleates. All the wet spots were really wet and mushy, some had a thin layer of ice. Early on, the rest of the place was still pretty firm, but as it warmed up the ground was getting soft. I guess over the next few days if the temps are up and down it will stay soft. I followed some tracks on my way out to the parking lot but never saw anyone. Take Care.

Scott

Last edited:

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I went out around 10... it was still hard pack.

Now, as I look out my window, it's all mud. And with the the warmer temperatures and rain later this week... might be best to get your riding in tonight or tomorrow.

For some reason 52 degrees and rain in the middle of December isn't right.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
when you park at newmans and cross the street - that is the worst part of the park to ride in when the conditions are suspect.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
32 now, but check out the weather for later in the week.

Google weather is calling for 47/rain Tuesday and 52/rain Wednesday.

Sorry, should have made that more clear. ;)

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
32 now, but check out the weather for later in the week.

Google weather is calling for 47/rain Tuesday and 52/rain Wednesday.

Sorry, should have made that more clear. ;)

Yuck. Its going to be messy there for a while

Top Bottom