"Chimney Rock Death Match" 7/15/08...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Same bat time, same bat channel. C-Rock son!! For those not in the know...

Newman's Lane lot between 5:30-5:45...

Pace is on the quicker side...

Ride as about 2 1/2 hours, or until the last man falls and/or dies...

Lap is over an hour so bring 2 bottles per lap, just in case (last week we ran out of water and had to cut it short to get back to the car)...

If you get offended by blow-up dolls, stay home, we're uncensored:D

-Jim.

J-Dro

I'm going to be there too around the same time, but this will be my 1st post knee surgery ride, so you should consider me to be a slow moving trail obstacle. Feel free to use me for practice.

Oh and here's a couple of blow up dolls for you. Hide the kids.

blowup.jpg

mwlikesbikes

blowup.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Kukla, Fran, & Ollie! Kick Ass!!! Used to watch them when I was just a tyke. Crap, I feel old now. :sleep:

sixseven

-Jim.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? You killed the thread for your own mascot.:p

ArmyOfNone

I will live to see another day

because I will be riding the road with a few ppl from the van dessel team. Somewhere out of Princeton. Not sure on the details yet but ill let you know how it goes.

bobkennelly

Same bat time, same bat channel. C-Rock son!! For those not in the know...

Newman's Lane lot between 5:30-5:45...

Pace is on the quicker side...

Ride as about 2 1/2 hours, or until the last man falls and/or dies...

Lap is over an hour so bring 2 bottles per lap, just in case (last week we ran out of water and had to cut it short to get back to the car)...

-Jim.

Wish I could be there, I will be doing my own death match in NYC at lunch time in Central Park..

Bobke

Steve Vai

Ok fine, looks like I'll be playing with myself again, wait, that's not what I meant...;)

THATmanMANNY

I will come play with you

I'll come play with you and that's exactly what I meant, mountain biking. 5:30ish. Silver Truck.

You're pace sounds threatening to me seeing that you made a bikemag article. But I'll try my bestest.

Be there or be square. For rizzle! :getsome:

-Manny

dhsean

I'll be on my way soon with my new Salsa jersey. Maybe it will make me faster. Don't wait up though, I'll find you all.

Steve Vai

i'm gonna try to keep up for a lap, we'll see...

Good job today son!! Most people don't make it out of the "warm-up" loop:D

-Jim.

PS-Bob, JP is a punk son!!

PPS-It was nice meeting some new people from MTBNJ as well, now I have some faces to put with screen names, including Jenny who has the most awesome brakes EVER!! And Jeff who seems to know where wormholes are located in Chimney Rock!!

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

Man you take some wacky, wicked loops. You definitely lost me on the west side loop fo sho. It doesn't make sense for me to "catch" you on my second lap while you were still on your first :confused:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jim - you seem to ride the Rock alot...

What tires do you ride? What do you recommend? I do the majority of my riding there.

Steve Vai

Man you take some wacky, wicked loops. You definitely lost me on the west side loop fo sho. It doesn't make sense for me to "catch" you on my second lap while you were still on your first :confused:

That's because I ride every trail in the entire park in both directions and consider it one loop, I'd also venture to say that many people have never seen half the trails I hit, I know the rock son:D

J-short...Tire choice at the rock is an interesting one because it has a lot to do with your riding style, yesterday I ran the Bonty XDX's, usually I'll run the Bonty ACX's there just because they have a tiny bit more knob, neither is faster or slower, the ACX's just allow a little more fudge room...Another interesting thing about the rock is the little marbley rocks in all the wrong places, like uphills and corners, it doesn't matter what tire you have the rocks roll under you, so it becomes more about technique than anything else.

-Jim.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i think you and warcricket blazed by me at around 6:15... i was coming up the hill on the blue trail (the trail across the st from the newmans lane p-lot) you two were ripping down, real close to the trailhead.

i had a crap ride but at least i got out. trails are in great shape.

J-Dro

And Jeff who seems to know where wormholes are located in Chimney Rock!!

Wormholes are the key. We actually only rode 0.3 miles yesterday but still managed to see you in every corner of the park. Free yourself from spacetime constraints!

Nice meeting you Jim.

Top Bottom