Chimney Rock CX practice (wednesdays)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Was down there for a bit today tooling around. It's wet in the same 2 spots it's been wet the past few weeks, the rest of the course if dry and painful, like always.

I'll be down there early tomorrow as I have no work until the shop emerges from the lake it currently resides in. I have plans to build a new section in the haunted frisbee golf forest to again extend the course and add about 6 more turns:D

If you have interest in coming early, let me know, otherwise, see ya!!

-Jim.

vlkslvr

Just a heads up that as of 7pm tonight liberty corner/martinsville is closed at Mt. Horeb right at the Pingry school. It appeared to be downed wires as a Pseg truck was blocking the route.

I was riding home from work so I just bounced down Mt. Horeb to warrenville road.

Last edited:

MTBTyler

anyone find a phone? Flip phone with stickers all over it. Left it on the table, when I got back from cleaning up supplys it was gone.

Steve Vai

Wednesday bump. Looks like we'll have some nice weather, see ya'lls out there :D

OH. Question. Last week I didn't set up any tape because it was just a few of us and we all knew the course. Did anyone have trouble without tape?

-Jim.

woody

I did fall down, and now I'm icing my twisted ankle. :cry:

Of all the gnarly places that I crash my bike, how is it that a little wipeout on flat grass is what puts me out of commission! :rolleyes:

If this screws me up for Short Track on Saturday, I will be a CX hater forever. :2guns:

(Good to see y'all for the short time that Dave & I crashed the party.)

vlkslvr

I jumped in for one quick lap at about 6:40pm. I was on my road tires (Hardcase 23's) so it was less than ideal but man was it a blast.

I want to come out again next week but I need a tire change. What would you guys recommend for 700 clinchers? It's a cross bike so I can put a wide tire on there and I want something that I could potentially race in NJ on.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want to come out again next week but I need a tire change. What would you guys recommend for 700 clinchers? It's a cross bike so I can put a wide tire on there and I want something that I could potentially race in NJ on.

Standard answer: Michelin Mud 2. It's a great clincher cx tire.

Wrong Way Dan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
late??

i know that i am a little late to the party. but is this ride still happening i am interested in joining in.

Steve Vai

The above is the correct answer. Michelin Mud2. Another nice clincher is the Clement PDX, which is an exact knock-off of the Dugast Rhino. Albeit true CX officianatos will know that's actually the other way around :D

-Jim.

Top Bottom