Chimney Rock Conditions

thegock

Rode a tour d'chimney yesterday eve. Trail conditions best here in months. Even lower blue was OK! Nearly everything else was totally dry, Amazing.
We parked at ballfields lot; by the time we got to newmans at about 730 it was still almost full.

Ballfields FT (pandemic) W

lurker

Yeah lower blue is always a mess. I'll stick to red white orange area I suppose, they are usually pretty good

FatTaco

I was wasnt bad skipped lower blue. Left early its so crowded its not enjoyable. Go at off hours during the week

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I did the White Rock side every direction and that was good. Started heading up th switchbacks to the other side and it was just running water. Bailed at that point.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wednesday night not as dry as I would have liked. Not terrible.
There's so much foot traffic there now almost not fun to ride there.
Also red trail smells like skunk everywhere. ?

Last edited:

FitmanNJ

Wednesday night not as dry as I would have liked. Not terrible.
There's so much foot traffic there now almost not fun to ride there.
Also red trail smells skunk everywhere. ?
I’d agree. I rode Orange and Yellow yesterday. While there were a lot of good/dry stretches, there were also a number of very muddy areas. I guess that’s testimony to the huge volume of rain that fell during the last storm (>2”?).

Kangdoy

I was there Tuesday around 4:45PM and cars were blocking the trail head into yellow. A bunch of high school kids were hanging out/swimming at the concrete bridge. Actually enjoyed suffering through High Tech because it was so quiet.

Kangdoy

Rode part of orange, red, blue and white today. A few minor soft spots on red and top of blue/twisty section, but otherwise great. A big thanks to the dude who came flying around a blind turn and almost had a head-on collision with on white. Sorry to have interrupted/ruin your Strava segment...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions very good right now. I’d say in 3 days will be too dry. Get it now.

Just avoid running into Kevin on white.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions