Chimney Rock Conditions

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Not good today. White had a few wet spots but I kept going. Skipped brown as it looked very bad. Climbed to top of yellow and it was pretty good, but once up top it got messy. I bailed after the swoopy downhill (which was pretty much a swamp) and took the road back to the car. I get to the lot as a car with two clean bikes pulls up. I tell the Dad it’s bad enough that I bailed. A few minutes later another Dad and son come out of the Red section with bikes and clothes spattered with mud and proceeds to chat up Dad #1 saying “it’s not that bad out there”. :confused:

Guess everyone’s definition of bad is different

On a related note, as I was inching my way around yellow I came across a bunch of cheater lines forming, essentially cutting the corners of the turns, and heading straight down the fall line, with at least one of them leading to a jump. I closed off a few with what I could find. But more work needed.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On a related note, as I was inching my way around yellow I came across a bunch of cheater lines forming, essentially cutting the corners of the turns, and heading straight down the fall line, with at least one of them leading to a jump. I closed off a few with what I could find. But more work needed.

Yeah, this is on the radar. It's been closed & reopened a bunch of times in the past year. Going to plant some land mines.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
From what I saw Sunday and given yesterday’s rain, I think it would be best to try another place.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4/25- wetter than I would have expected with no rain since Monday. Not terrible but not good either and you and your bike will get dirty. And more rain tomorrow. ☹️

FitmanNJ

4/25- wetter than I would have expected with no rain since Monday. Not terrible but not good either and you and your bike will get dirty. And more rain tomorrow. ☹️
Yes, I was expecting better, too. White was the best of what I rode; Red and Orange were definitely wetter than I expected. I cut a few thorny weeds, but the wet weather is definitely driving their rapid growth.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
Yep I told ya so! :p Couldn’t get over the wetness on Yellow which is usually very dry given the steep pitches. Think it’ll take a bit more time.

jklett

Still a lot wetter than I thought it would be. Every trail I was on had some wet areas, nothing really huge but still not great. It should be ok if we get a few more dry days but the forecast doesn't look like that will happen.

qclabrat

Still a lot wetter than I thought it would be. Every trail I was on had some wet areas, nothing really huge but still not great. It should be ok if we get a few more dry days but the forecast doesn't look like that will happen.
poured here just after you wrote this. It should be suckier tomorrow
Wish I know you went out, I had a small window and was considering

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions