Chimney Rock Conditions

Kangdoy

Did CR get a ton of rain yesterday? I'm in South Plainfield and it only down poured yesterday for only a few minutes.

Jeff_STI

I rode the park on Saturday and Sunday, Excellent condition. Enjoy out there guys and be safe. Also, awesome repair station best gadget ever for the park. Other parks should have this stations. Great idea.

Attachments

• 9ed351e2-9ac9-4d3e-adb9-921e7562426d.jpg
    9ed351e2-9ac9-4d3e-adb9-921e7562426d.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 125
  • ad329d36-56c4-4baf-afdb-9ae7566230a6.jpg
    ad329d36-56c4-4baf-afdb-9ae7566230a6.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 127
  • e9dd8517-5385-46ca-a48f-1c24dce00b3e.jpg
    e9dd8517-5385-46ca-a48f-1c24dce00b3e.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 125

Kangdoy

Attempted to ride this morning, but no luck. I usually park at the ball fields or at Gillbride Road and do a little warm up at the unmarked trails behind the ball fields. That section was pretty damp/slick with puddles before and after each log over. By the time I reached the top of the Orange climb, got a little light headed from the heat and turned back and headed back to my car. Went to SixMile instead...

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
8/8/18 Trails are in good shape right now aside from some overgrowth on White & Yellow and a few mud holes. The big one on Blue is a major issue that I'm not sure is worth fixing anymore, it probably just needs to be rerouted. I saw a bunch of new houses at the top of Blue as well. This may change the way that entire section is after heavy rains and it's not great to begin with. Time will tell. A couple of trees down on White but they should be taken care of soon.

TM on Sat, details here: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/wvp-chimney-rock-tm-saturday-8-11-9am.45189/#post-807615

PSA- There were 2 cars broken into at Newmans this morning. 2 women, who came in separate cars, went out for a 40 min hike & came back to find their windows broken and belongings taken. Nothing was left in sight (that's what 1 of them told me) so that wasn't the issue. Maybe just leave anything of value at home or take it with you.

terrabike01

8/8/18 Trails are in good shape right now aside from some overgrowth on White & Yellow and a few mud holes. The big one on Blue is a major issue that I'm not sure is worth fixing anymore, it probably just needs to be rerouted. I saw a bunch of new houses at the top of Blue as well. This may change the way that entire section is after heavy rains and it's not great to begin with. Time will tell. A couple of trees down on White but they should be taken care of soon.

TM on Sat, details here: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/wvp-chimney-rock-tm-saturday-8-11-9am.45189/#post-807615

PSA- There were 2 cars broken into at Newmans this morning. 2 women, who came in separate cars, went out for a 40 min hike & came back to find their windows broken and belongings taken. Nothing was left in sight (that's what 1 of them told me) so that wasn't the issue. Maybe just leave anything of value at home or take it with you.

Scumbags. You would think there your car would be safe. It might be the same guy who the North Plainfield police are looking for that rides around on a mtb and smashes car windows, takes whatever he can and rides away. They've arrested him several times and the courts keep letting him go. And he keeps on riding his bike and breaking into cars.

More info is on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NorthPlain...-NlPBu8D_moWxiCnJYs&fref=nf&hc_location=group

Off The Road Again

Hiked Blue, Red, Orange and White today. Surprisingly the trails were in decent condition considering the amount of rain we got Saturday. Still wouldn't have ridden myself, but they weren't terrible.

Off The Road Again

Yep! That was me. I thought the trails would be toast after the rain, but they were in pretty good shape. Hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your ride!

Jeff_STI

Trial was decent yesterday, I give a tour to some of my MTB friends who never been there. Some tree down, I found a local guy cleaning up with a chainsaw. I show him some pictures of them, I only was able to verify one and he cut it off and clean the path going in red to chimney rock avenue. The other 2 tree I was not able to verify if he cut them. One of them was in White Trail and the other in the Yellow by the river at the entrance.

Attachments

• After local guy cleared the path.jpg
    After local guy cleared the path.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Red going to chimney rock road.jpg
    Red going to chimney rock road.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 123
  • White Trail.jpg
    White Trail.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Yellow by the river.jpg
    Yellow by the river.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 120

MSalvatore

Off The Road Again, Thanks let me know when you are mobile again. I am on here often. Thank's for the offer at Sour. Sounds great thanks.
Marc

qclabrat

Anyone know how the park's looking?
I'm close to the park and we had a few good dumpings yesterday and my yard still looked pretty wet this morning
That being said, I haven't been around for a few weeks so unsure whether the park was dry before yesterday

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions