Chimney Rock Conditions

place has been so dry, should be fine except for the puddles at the regular spots
blue to the right will likely be the wettest
watch out for the wet rock and roots
if not pouring I may get out tomorrow late afternoon as well

Perfect conditions today
Trails sucked up all the rain, even roots still dry
Leaves coming down early from the drought, watch out for leaves on rocks

Agree - Conditions at the Rock were primo yesterday. Dirt was tacky and sticky, with some rooty and rocky slipperiness .

CR has been so quiet lately
image.jpg

Cool picture!!! Where is that section of trail?!? I've never through there...

i believe that is the east branch reservoir - the water down from white rock/eagle watch.
watch for changes in the trail system in that area!!!

between yellow and orange before the buttermilk falls (East Branch reservoir)
water level is real low so easy hike over

i believe that is the east branch reservoir - the water down from white rock/eagle watch.
watch for changes in the trail system in that area!!!

what are the plans in that area?, I've started to really like my loop but welcome changes
(guard rail to this cross over, up to hawk watch round Hi-tek to switchbacks then cross over to brown in Chimney Rock park)
let me know if guys need any help

what are the plans in that area?, I've started to really like my loop but welcome changes
(guard rail to this cross over, up to hawk watch round Hi-tek to switchbacks then cross over to brown in Chimney Rock park)
let me know if guys need any help

I'll let @Kirt announce as it gets closer...

Rode Red and Blue loops Saturday and Sunday; trails were still in great shape. Except some parts of Red were completely covered by newly-fallen leaves. Hopefully all this early leaf-dropping means a good fall riding season!

Rode Red and Blue loops Saturday and Sunday; trails were still in great shape. Except some parts of Red were completely covered by newly-fallen leaves. Hopefully all this early leaf-dropping means a good fall riding season!

If you don't mind wet leaves on slippery roots and rocks, CR was quite rideable Thursday night. 3 of 4.

Rode the new bench cut trail today.

Great job and wow! that was a lot a work too.

If anyone needs to know where, it's at the bottom of 'around the horn'

^^This. Rides awesome and I can't believe how much work got done in one day. Amazeballs.

Wuz there also today and good to final ride the new trail and enjoyed the fruits from the labor. Spoke to some hikers and told them JORBA did the work. They were impressed and I felt it was important for them to know MTB riders take care of the park.

BTW: who moved all the rocks off of Logan? Perfect Fall conditions, enjoy them
image.jpg

Oh dag, we did not do logan today, that must have been nice without all the rocks, and that stupid diagonal pipe!

Vomit trail is nice and clear, only 1 dab at the rock bridge.

we were there at 10 what time were you there qcl?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions