Chimney Rock Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i used the wrong sunrise point, i was thinking 730 at newmans

must be an east/west thing.
unsolved_tupac_biggie.jpg

gotta be in the car at 9:00 to get home for my kid stuff.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I'm rolling with a buddy at 8:00 from newmans. Need to be done by 11. See you out on the trails. Yellow vest.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Ice biker, well be doing blue first so maybe we can link back and find ya. I'm on a time crunch too.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
will try to get there - don't wait. maybe a blue red...

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Ice biker, well be doing blue first so maybe we can link back and find ya. I'm on a time crunch too.

Cool. That could work since we'll be doing White to Yellow to Orange to Red...then Blue only if there's time. Mello pace though, so don't let us hold you up;)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
was absolute perfect this morning, but i think thats because it was frozen, like the movie.

Jay M.

CR is in prime condition on Red, Orange, and Yellow. Skipped on blue and white because I figured they would be muddy today, but all else is in good shape.

I was away at school for the semester and this was my first ride back at CR this winter, major thanks to everyone who was involved with the trail maintenance. The new trail on orange is absolutely awesome.

qclabrat

anyone rode CR in 2015? all should be frozen solid now even blue/white
will try to get out on Sunday morning

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was there last night. Lots of ice on orange, but otherwise ok to ride. Just be careful and you'll be fine.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
All is solid. watch out for ice flows on guard rail an coming down gilbride. Also occasional ice patchs.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Had a lot of fun out there today in the cold with the nice coating of snow. Ice patches were super sketchy in spots though. Had to walk around a bunch. New Orange re-route is awesome! Also very thankful for the log bridge over the stream on White on the way back to Newmans...not a good day to get wet.

rlb

Had a lot of fun out there today in the cold with the nice coating of snow. Ice patches were super sketchy in spots though. Had to walk around a bunch. New Orange re-route is awesome! Also very thankful for the log bridge over the stream on White on the way back to Newmans...not a good day to get wet.

Many much ice. Big thanks to whomever wiped on the fire road climb next to the lake. Your pain saved countless others from the same fate, I'm sure of it. You could see that spot of agony as you approached. An area of ice wiped clean of snow, surround by sideways tire tracks. Those tracks look like a transcript of some alien language, a futuristic writing that says "OHHHH SHIIIIIt".

qclabrat

rode white, orange, red yesterday

forgot about pooriggy's warning about the ice across from the utility station on Gilbride
took a nice dump and made it down the bottom the hard way

orange needed dismounts approaching the roads, thick white ice in many sections
Logan/fire road seem okay, but I was going up and picked up red at the top

started up yellow, but didn't look promising, so headed for orange
didn't try blue, the softball on my hip told me to go home

stilluf

Rode White and Red yesterday. Echoing other's comments: fire road on Red to Chimney Rock Rd is a sheet of ice. we turned around rather than go down it. Tons of ice on bottom of red, but the uphil trails were really good, with tacky snow. Same for White, snowy trails but decent grip. After this week's rain/thaw, it'll be a mess for a while.

And BTW - anyone see the red stains on the snow by the water crossing going from white to red (i.e. by new wood bridge mentioned above)? Looked like someone went in the water and face planted on the rocks on the other side. If the red was frozen blood, damn that was a serious face plant!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions