Chimney Rock Conditions

stilluf

Excellent ride yesterday from the ballfields lot, hitting Orange (icy on uphill by Gilbride Rd) and Red trails. A little dampness from freeze/thaw cycle, though we were there early am so everything was still pretty good. Huge pine tree down on Red at the eastern intersection of the lower and upper trail loop. It's not on the trail, but looks like wind just snapped it off about 20 feet from the base.

MtBKAB

Muddy

Went yesterday (Nov. 30) and found the trails to be pretty sloppy. I expected it on the lower portions, but was surprised how muddy they were even at the higher spots. I felt bad riding on them in those conditions, so cut my ride short out of respect for those that maintain these trails.

qclabrat

Dec 1st report, after work about 4PM
blue trail dry till last 1/3 going clockwise
rained the last few days so won't get out till Thursday or Friday
getting pitch dark by 5PM

stilluf

Stopped by Newman's Lane parkling lot today around 10:30am to check out trails as I was close for work. Trails look pretty wet from snow/rain and freeze/thaw cycle. So would only recommend riding very early or not at all.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
12/12 update

I was there this morning as well. Things are really wet. I thought most would be solid from the overnight temps but it was the complete opposite. Lots of standing water, running water in spots and lots of muddy areas and that was only on the White & Orange sections and the ballfield. The only good thing is that we won't be dealing with frozen ground tomorrow morning for the digging.

evo456

Boooo! Figured as much, its so hard to get riding time and everytime I get a free minute its either 3 degrees or pouring

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i think im going to try it out at dawn, i imagine yellow will be fine but the normal wet trails will be slop. i think woody rode this week, we should wait for his report

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i think im going to try it out at dawn, i imagine yellow will be fine but the normal wet trails will be slop. i think woody rode this week, we should wait for his report

in case he doesn't visit. From strava yesterday.

Woody says, "Red & blue have quite a few mucky bits."

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
from CR resident jshort: "good to go. a few slick spots. the white rock side/east of cr road is perfect"

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions