Chimney Rock Conditions

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Never rode here but plan to hit it on Fri or Sat. Any suggestions for parking and trail route? TIA

Can you wait until 5:30 Monday? I'll give you a tour if you do.

Saturday you can to to the MTBNJam and someone will give you a tour there.

CNJRider

Joker
Never rode here but plan to hit it on Fri or Sat. Any suggestions for parking and trail route? TIA
For your first time, I’d advise parking at the Newman lot. This gives you immediate access to three popular trails which can all be looped so you wind up back at your car. In order of difficulty: White, Red, Blue. If you are feeling more adventurous, take white all the way to Chimney Rock road. Cross over the ball fields and try to find the black trail that will take you to Gilbride road. Loop yellow and then take orange and then red back to the Newman lot.

If you like variety, CR is one of the funnest trails around. If you like smooth and flowy like 6mr, then you may come away disappointed.

B1311C49-99BE-433E-9E4C-DB656B0A9589.jpeg

johnnyrides

Thanks for the suggestions. Rode there for the first time today and enjoyed it. Did perimeters of blue, red, and white in that order. Certainly not fast and flowy but has a bit of everything. Just 7 miles today and will try other areas and some of the interior trails next time there so I'll certainly be back.

eastbloc

Did a retro ride today. My hands and back hurt.

0B2B2AA7-1E70-41F4-A13A-E78926B5327C.jpeg

Super dry, as others have said, even the lake in the top of the Logan fire road has dried up. The only place you’ll find water is on the blue to Old Tullo connector, since that trail has literally merged with the stream.

Also, the two big trees down across the connector at the top of red have been there since the May storm.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions