Chimney Rock Conditions

I was there early doing some trimming and from what I saw, it’s ok. 2 riders came by and only 1 looked a little muddy, other clean. Some standing water and a little bit of mud here and there. This was on the eastern side, so blue/white may be different. I think you’ll be mostly fine today, with Tomorrow probably being even better.
Just finished riding most of the park and it wasn't bad. Some smaller puddles and mud in the normal spots but rest was pretty good (didn't venture to blue which I would expect is still a mess). Area behind the disc golf course was also pretty soft and would probably avoid that as well.

thanks for the input - saw posts after I finished - had some errands to run in the area.

Rode Red and Blue - outer perimeter of red was ok - connectors too wet for my liking. Blue outer was too muddy/soft for me as well. I'm sure today will be better!

any chance CR will be rideable Saturday morning? Looking for alternate riding options in case 6MR is not rideable.

Rode this AM - blue to orange to white to blue.

It was OK, rideable, but not great and then it started raining, so it isn't any better now.

Very muddy today on Red/White/Blue. Heard Yellow is muddy, too. CR got rain Sun morning and evening so it didn't get a chance to dry out.

1653329761838.png
1653329778422.png

Did the whole park today (except blue) and it wasn't bad provided you try to avoid the worst areas. Red was still a little soft at the top and White was the worst. Still rideable, but could definitely use another day or so.

Large tree is also down on white by trail intersections before exiting to the fields.
I just came across that tree this morning and was going to post if nobody else had yet

I went there this morning with the pup and some tools to try and nick out the standing water on blue. At that time, there were 2 trails that were streams - water literally running down them.

It is now pouring again here (about 4 miles away).

Safe to say this park is not going to be rideable in the next few days.

Thanks for the update. Glad I stayed away yesterday. Was tempted to go for a ride Memorial Day evening thinking two dry, hot days would have been sufficient. Apparently not.

Conditions improved (not perfect) by the end of the day - mud is drying up and it was fun riding yellow/orange tonight. Blue and White might still be messy tomorrow.

PSA - yet another reason not to swim in the WVP reservoir. Leeches! Daughter scraped this one off a turtle during a short hike on Red. Turtle was happy.

1654050918119.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions