Chimney Rock Conditions

CNJRider

Joker
Did it all starting at 730am. Despite a short drizzle lasting to 9am, conditions were damp but not muddy. Leaf cover and soil are dried out enough to absorb the morning's moisture. Totally rideable.

Here was the worst part of lower blue which was still relatively dry.

20211023_110308.jpg

I came across my old nemesis, the uphill blue logover.

20211023_110707.jpg

Took Jrzjoe's advice and carried more speed then pedaled right over it.

Here is the bike triumphantly teabagging a conquered foe.

20211023_110343.jpg

Fallen tree on lower yellow is gone! Which one of you do we owe our gratitude?

Hawk watch was a misty, drizzly view at 830am.

20211023_110557.jpg

The bench cut trails near Gilbride were looking as pretty as ever today.

20211023_110459.jpg

Last shot showing the reservoir under light rain. Colors are popping. The rain was insignificant. Come and get it!

20211023_110414.jpg

Jrzjoe

Did it all starting at 730am. Despite a short drizzle lasting to 9am, conditions were damp but not muddy. Leaf cover and soil are dried out enough to absorb the morning's moisture. Totally rideable.

Here was the worst part of lower blue which was still relatively dry.

View attachment 169487

I came across my old nemesis, the uphill blue logover.

View attachment 169488

Took Jrzjoe's advice and carried more speed then pedaled right over it.

Here is the bike triumphantly teabagging a conquered foe.

View attachment 169489

Fallen tree on lower yellow is gone! Which one of you do we owe our gratitude?

Hawk watch was a misty, drizzly view at 830am.

View attachment 169490

The bench cut trails near Gilbride were looking as pretty as ever today.

View attachment 169491

Last shot showing the reservoir under light rain. Colors are popping. The rain was insignificant. Come and get it!

View attachment 169492
Keep up the good work

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
10/26 4pm update

The work on blue and red mostly held up fine at this point. Some minor repairs will be needed at as we lost some of the top layer and it’s super soft, so users will do some damage until it dries and then gets packed down. But nothing necessary in the short term as its safe and rideable after it dries a bit. And guard rail looks ok as well, at least from the road. I’m relieved to say the least.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Standing and running water on all trails this afternoon. Way wetter than I thought it would be but good for finding the right places for drainage. Did a lot of nicking and clearing fallen branches on orange, red and ballfield trails.
20211027_154908.jpg

Lower orange was definitely under water during the rain and many logs floated onto the trail. All are clear now. This tree needs a chainsaw and is dangerous: heavy dead tree being held up by spring-loaded smaller tree. I cut off the smaller branches so you can duck under it for now. It's on the outter orange descent, right after the lookout point.
20211027_162537.jpg

Construction workers dropped an excavator in the woods by the dam on red so I guess they're addressing the eroded road soon.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Got back there for a quickie mission with real tools today. Only worked on the ballfield trail that parallels Gilbride but cleared out a lot of drainage to get the river off the trail and into the actual river. That trail was in good shape wetness-wise this afternoon aside from this one wet section that i worked on.
20211029_131931.jpg

Bikeworks

Lotta rain this morning so I skipped my return here. As it will only be my second time going to CR, would it be ok to ride there tomorrow?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lotta rain this morning so I skipped my return here. As it will only be my second time going to CR, would it be ok to ride there tomorrow?

IMO it needs a few more days. The whole ridge is saturated.

IMO plenty of people won’t care and there will be plenty of ruts.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions