Chimney Rock Conditions

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So if you're not a brain surgeon, or if you're someone who presumably does not have a brain, the blue trails at CR are not good to ride right now.

Seriously please ride any other trails in the park if you insist on going out right now. Things should be ok in a few days.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 11.08.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 11.08.11 PM.png

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trimmed most of Orange today. Could use some weed wacking in some of the grassy sections, but it's more that I want it good, not just ok. Also hit the trailhead on black (wanted @hls811 to keep his socks) and lower yellow, so they are good to go.
I’ll get to more of the park over the few weeks. Possibly throw in an official session to help bang out the larger sections.

Pics of black

Attachments

• DB2A8FF6-7389-4CB1-AA57-BAE5E39D390A.jpeg
    DB2A8FF6-7389-4CB1-AA57-BAE5E39D390A.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 22C32016-13DD-4931-9C90-F21DC2C319BD.jpeg
    22C32016-13DD-4931-9C90-F21DC2C319BD.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 80

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode red/white/blue today in a drizzle for the first time in over a year. New blue is sweet. White repair spot was good. Some mud here and there but not terrible. Lower and upper right blue was pretty terrible in spots. Shoulda went back to Newmans after blue left side and new middle.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Rode here from the baseball fields yesterday. While there was a tense cricket game going on and shouting being done by the watching fans my buddy and I decided to still ride...

White was solid and very enjoyable.... I reached the rebuilt section and observed how awesome it was built... We then headed over to Blue. The climb up was fun as always. The top still has those pockets of mud, but not worse than in the past. We decended on Blue Lumps as it was the first time I took my buddy on it. Always a fun rollar coaster. On lower blue it was really muddy. Even on the last re-route section that previously went around the large pocket of mud was worse than usual. With the rain being clear this past week I thought it would have had time to dry, but guess it needs longer... I updated trailforks conditions on the same.

Red trail for the small up and down we did was perfect. I love this section of the park, but didn't want to burn my buddies legs yet so we could climb up orange without any delay.

It is all mental for me, but orange guard rail climb got me again. I just need to shut my brain down for that and keep pushing as rock moves underneath me. Overall Orange was a blast.

After the decent I caught my buddy not being on the mood to do yellow which is always a go to. I brought him over to the black trail for a quick out and back. As the trail has its bumps the lower half had some bad mud pockets, but it didn't spread the trail so overall good.

As my legs were still fresh I had my buddy on a quick middlebrook and ballfield climb to finish the ride. Besides middlebrook needing a haircut from the thorns it was fun seeing families on the trail.

Overall:
White Trail - Good
Blue Trail - Variable
Red Trail - Good
Black Trail (excluding river side) - Variable
Middlebrook Trail - Good, but needs a haircut

Cafe Dave

White Trail - Great
Blue Trail (inner) - Great
Red Trail - Great
Orange - Great

Mud is minimal and most trails have been trimmed. It's getting tight in White Entrance off of Chimney Rock Rd and Loft Farms, but that's about it from what I can remember.

I heard parts of Green (AKA Yellow High Tech) has some trimming planned. Getting overgrown fast.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Paul and I got a bunch more knocked out. HT, Imba, open space, overlook all done. Basically all the most eastern trails on yellow. A little more to get to there but whats left is not badly overgrown. I'll also add that the rangers did some of the trimming closest to the Millers Lane lot. They used a mower so the cut is a little wider than what we do but it works.
White will be the next to tackle as it's getting a bit tight in spots. Park is riding well right now, that said, a little dry and dusty so watch those loose turns.

Jrzjoe

Paul and I got a bunch more knocked out. HT, Imba, open space, overlook all done. Basically all the most eastern trails on yellow. A little more to get to there but whats left is not badly overgrown. I'll also add that the rangers did some of the trimming closest to the Millers Lane lot. They used a mower so the cut is a little wider than what we do but it works.
White will be the next to tackle as it's getting a bit tight in spots. Park is riding well right now, that said, a little dry and dusty so watch those loose turns.
Good job fellas. Nice seeing ya today as well.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another section knocked out, ballfield trails are now completely trimmed. Paul did all the heavy lifting with the weed wacker and I did the easier hedge trimming. White still needs lots done but we are getting there.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
How much rain up there today? My yard is dry in Metuchen. Several heavy downpours in Somerset. Tired of driving to ride.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions