Chimney Rock Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Conditions great on Orange this afternoon. Cleaned guardrail climb with new improvements! Great work! A couple of the new drainage cuts might not work due to being higher than the trail tread. Some quick fine tuning can fix this. I'll see if i can get out there and do this soon.

CNJRider

Joker
Conditions were A grade this morning. Rode it all. Blue was a bit soft in the lower areas and some puddles but what else is new.

Just watch out for the carcass at trailhead to yellow on Gilbride. Fresh enough to eat! Mmmm.

20211002_104212.jpg

Was tempted to cross the mini canyon on blue which is filling in with rocks. Discretion and low risk tolerance stopped me from attempting it. Any of you braver souls clearing this? Looks doable now.

20211002_094458.jpg

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Conditions were A grade this morning. Rode it all. Blue was a bit soft in the lower areas and some puddles but what else is new.

Just watch out for the carcass at trailhead to yellow on Gilbride. Fresh enough to eat! Mmmm.

View attachment 168184

Was tempted to cross the mini canyon on blue which is filling in with rocks. Discretion and low risk tolerance stopped me from attempting it. Any of you braver souls clearing this? Looks doable now.

View attachment 168185
I was tempted to try it yesterday, but the park was deserted at 5pm. Figured no one would find my unconscious body till the morning, so I passed.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 168184

View attachment 168185

The mud pile on blue is my doing. Sorry about that. Heading out this afternoon to try to fix it.

And yes on the blue gorge. Rode it both ways yesterday no problem. It’s way smoother than it looks.

Jrzjoe

View attachment 168184

View attachment 168185
I did it in both directions. It wasn't hard actually.
The one on red (which I did not do) is way worse.
Good conditions today. I smelled death in a few spots this morning but only saw that dead deer.

CNJRider

Joker
I was tempted to try it yesterday, but the park was deserted at 5pm. Figured no one would find my unconscious body till the morning, so I I like my clavicle and wrists too much.
I did it in both directions. It wasn't hard actually.
The one on red (which I did not do) is way worse.
Good conditions today. I smelled death in a few spots this morning but only saw that dead deer.
About that death smell… has been strongest lately in the twisty parts of white. Smelling it for weeks. Either a dead deer or some forlorn mountain biker. Hopefully the former.

Good to know some of you guys are clearing the gap. Might give it a try if it fills in more.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
About that death smell… has been strongest lately in the twisty parts of white. Smelling it for weeks. Either a dead deer or some forlorn mountain biker. Hopefully the former.

Good to know some of you guys are clearing the gap. Might give it a try if it fills in more.
Well if @Jrzjoe can do it, I figure I can do it too. ;) If I can't wipe my own ass after tomorrow's ride I'll know who blame.

Last edited:

CNJRider

Joker
Well if @Jrzjoe can do it, I figure I can do it too. ;) If I can't wipe my own ass after tomorrow's ride I'll know who blame.
Sounds good. If I give it a try myself, I’ll report back here. And if I don’t make it and tumble downstream into the ravine… well, it was nice knowing you folks and would appreciate if the TM crew could find my body before it stinks up the place.

Jrzjoe

After my son was toilet trained my wiping other people’s asses days were over…unless a bike-n-gear discount is offered….say 5% discount gets you cleaned up with that stuff used in gas station bathrooms and county lockup but a 15% discount gets you charmin ultra. 25% and I’ll also employ a small circles technique.
Good luck

CNJRider

Joker
Did I bump into one of you guys around 5pm today in the Gilbride lot? Exchanged quick greetings while starting my ride with a dude in a mtbnj jersey on a blue/orange FS. Anyway, hope you had a good ride. I sure did.

BTW, that dead doe on yellow trailhead ain’t so fresh no more!

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did I bump into one of you guys around 5pm today in the Gilbride lot? Exchanged quick greetings while starting my ride with a dude in a mtbnj jersey on a blue/orange FS. Anyway, hope you had a good ride. I sure did.

BTW, that dead doe on yellow trailhead ain’t so fresh no more!
Yep! It was me.
3rd ride on the Occam. Was basically a test and tune suspension ride. Good seeing you. I should have remembered the red goggles.

CNJRider

Joker
Hit yellow, orange and white this afternoon. Conditions are favorable but slick where fallen leaves have coated the trails.

More notably, there is a dead tree down on orange at the top of the hill, almost blocking the path completely. Bit too tall to huck over. I hiked-a-bike around it.

20211007_192259.jpg

20211007_165959.jpg

eastbloc

Been riding blue, red, white, and orange this week and everything is in pretty good shape.

I climbed up the Logan fire road yesterday, which felt a bit like trying to run up the down escalator with loose rocks rolling underfoot. It's fully rideable but much tougher than it was before Ida.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions