Chimney Rock Conditions

Jrzjoe

I worked out an early week day trail maintenance opportunity with the park, seeing as it’s going to take a lot of work to repair this winters damage. We are going to repair that mud bog on Blue this Thursday 2/28 to make Walt happy, even if it's fruitless. Meeting at Newmans Lane at 9am and then will drive up to Old Tullo Rd and walk in from there. If anyone wants to help, let me know or show up at Newmans at 9. With all this wind, there may be some additional clean up that we can take care of as well.

@qclabrat
@fidodie
@thegock
@FitmanNJ
@Jrzjoe
@Norm
@pooriggy

or anyone else with free time during the week.
I’m sorry but will be at work that day.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm taking off Friday, the guys at work will miss me if I take off Thursday too. Leave me some rocks, I'll armor some sections.

FitmanNJ

I worked out an early week day trail maintenance opportunity with the park, seeing as it’s going to take a lot of work to repair this winters damage. We are going to repair that mud bog on Blue this Thursday 2/28 to make Walt happy, even if it's fruitless. Meeting at Newmans Lane at 9am and then will drive up to Old Tullo Rd and walk in from there. If anyone wants to help, let me know or show up at Newmans at 9. With all this wind, there may be some additional clean up that we can take care of as well.

@qclabrat
@fidodie
@thegock
@FitmanNJ
@Jrzjoe
@Norm
@pooriggy

So sorry, Kirt, I have client appointments until around 11:30 on this Thursday morning...although I'll be close to the park. How late do you plan to be there?

qclabrat

@qclabrat
@fidodie
@thegock
@FitmanNJ
@Jrzjoe
@Norm
@pooriggy

thanks Kirt it was looking pretty scary a few weeks ago when it was frozen
Some sections are so deep that it was clear ice, I'd love to help but can't take off. As others have posted, let us know what's left and where to pull rocks and we'll finish where you leave off.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i can come out for a couple hours - we doing a re-route? putting in a pipe? lugging in 1/2 ton of rock?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's some pics of the area from yesterday. Needless to say, it's an absolute mess.

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

skully

Wish I could make it to help out kirt, but I unfortunately I have to work . ...thank you so much for all your hard work!!!!!!!

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As I stated on the last project, I don’t like to use stone on trial repair and I know some will not be happy with it, but sometimes there are few other good options. This section was a mess. For those that have been riding here for a long time might remember, this section was rerouted about 12 yr ago. It use to get so bad, you would take Old Tullo Rd up to the top to bypass it after heavy rains/in the winter. It’s been repaired at least 4 times since and I didn’t want to just put another Band-Aid on and have to go back in a couple yrs to do it again. So down went the stone. It was not easy to get it in there. The guys from High Tech humped it in, through mud and ice and were wiped when done. And we collectively decide to cut out the worse section out as it would have taken way too much stone to fill in, so we cut out a new section above. So hopefully this works out so we can focus on other areas in the future.

Thanks to Mr Gock, Mr Pat and Mike T for lending a hand. And thanks to High Tech for the stone & labor, couldn’t do it without them.
@thegock @fidodie @I Ride Bikes

1A.jpg
2A.jpg
3A.jpg
4A.jpg
5A.jpg

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will you be out Friday morning I would love to help available after 930 a.m.

Unfortunately no, that was today only. Hopefully there will be other opportunities besides the regularly scheduled dates, which don’t start until May.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions