Chimney Rock 4/24 @ 8am...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Chimney Rock ride at 8am. Meet at the main lot by the baseball fields. Bring tubes, because if you run them still, you're gonna get a flat:D

Not sure what the pace will be, I'd imagine it'll be fast enough for someone to complain and yet slow enough for someone else to complain:hmmm: We will split into groups of 1 and then divide each group into teams, each team member will draft the team member in front for 3 seconds and then rotate to the right so the third guy back can pretend to be a moose as he rolls by...

This will go on for the first 4 minutes of the ride and then normal Chimney Rock mayhem will ensue, there will be flats, rocks and mud, but mostly rocks. There may be some death, rape and pillaging thrown in just for fun.

-Jim.

dhsean

Bring me some 26inch tubes. I know you must have some left in the antique bike parts collection. I have none, since no shops carry 26 inch light XC tubes anymore. If I manage to get in front of anybody I will throw in some 2 wheel drifts for some laughs.

Mayhem! Bring on the tubes brother! We'll have flat changing pit stop contests. Your tubeless is going to rip and you'll be running a tube within the first 5 minutes. What will be faster to change, single speed or geared? :getsome:

BadLine

How long will the ride go for? 1 hour? 3 hour? It's kind of a drive for me, but i don't have a whole lot else to do tomorrow. If it is in the two hour range or more, I'll play except for the whole rape and death thing.

dualfisted

That's an awesome ride description. I've been wanting to ride CR for some time. If I can get up there, you'll see me, then I'll drop off the back like it's noone's bidness, then I'll complain about how my seat and hands are killing me on my fully rigid 26"er. I don't know any moose calls though.

Steve Vai

How long will the ride go for? 1 hour? 3 hour? It's kind of a drive for me, but i don't have a whole lot else to do tomorrow. If it is in the two hour range or more, I'll play except for the whole rape and death thing.

Ride should be in the 2-3 hour range, including death and at least one flat...3 being the max for me as I need to go to work, the man's trying to keep me slow...I will bring 26inch tubes from like a crazy long month ago when I used to ride one of those little wheel tubed bikes:D

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

Im bringing a pitch fork

622957017_9792e5210d.jpg

ArmyOfNone

sweet ride today. The guys had me pushing pretty hard and i have the bumps and scrapes to prove it.

There was much mayhem, a couple of flats, death x 2, rocks (grrr rocks) sean was coming to get me while i was down but i quickly got up and pedaled away before the pillaging begun.

Mr. Bad Line is a bad dude on the bike. He rides a stumpjumper SS which is sick light! And the guy rides like the wind. Ill brag for ya dave...he did 145 miles in the woods of VA in 12 hours. On the SS. SICK :drooling:

Sure hope this becomes the new cool thing!

BadLine

sweet ride today. The guys had me pushing pretty hard and i have the bumps and scrapes to prove it.

There was much mayhem, a couple of flats, death x 2, rocks (grrr rocks) sean was coming to get me while i was down but i quickly got up and pedaled away before the pillaging begun.

Mr. Bad Line is a bad dude on the bike. He rides a stumpjumper SS which is sick light! And the guy rides like the wind. Ill brag for ya dave...he did 145 miles in the woods of VA in 12 hours. On the SS. SICK :drooling:

Sure hope this becomes the new cool thing!

Thanks Fred. Great ride. grrr rocks indeed. As for riding like the wind, i can only attribute that to the Mexican food I had last night. That was a fast group of guys. I got home bandaged the leg, iced the arm, and all is good. Next time i am running a real tire. The crow was less than great in that terrain.

JDG1317 was at the leesburg baker's dozen as well. He also completed 19 laps, so if we are bragging, it is only right that we include him as well.

Steve Vai

Yes sir, great ride...Plenty of mayhem, flats and blood for everyone:D I'm shocked I was somehow able to not crash or get a flat, especially considering Mr. Dave had me pushing a pretty good clip to stay out front, I was kinda glad he had to leave early;)

Good times, good group of riders, I have a feeling the season is going to be pretty sick:D

-Jim.

bobkennelly

Some Sunday soon

we gota plan a Sunday soon Chris, although central park was very crowded today, lots of woman sun bathers....yum..

dualfisted

Sounds like I missed a hammer fest. I would've been a pleasure to get dropped by you guys, but glad I didn't hold you up just the same. Next time whackadoos, next time.

dhsean

Punishment!

I was thankful for the flats and every time Fred crashed. Otherwise I would have puked several times trying to keep up. Mr downhiller getting a smack down at the Rock from a bunch of guys on rigids/single speeds etc... showing me whats up. How the hell is everybody so dam fast? I need to work on getting a set of legs if I'm going to race XC next year.

Up to Plattekill this Sunday for some nice lift access DHing. Wooohoo! first race May 4th the smack down shall commence.

supermike

I missed your ride by about 9 hours, but the conditions were optimal for CR. It was hard not to have a great ride yesterday.

Steve Vai

4/27/08...

It looks like I'll be back over at the rock Sunday morning, as I have work so need to stay local...I think we're meeting at Newman's Lane this round, 8am...I may post a new thread...

-Jim.

J

JDG1317

JDG1317 was at the leesburg baker's dozen as well. He also completed 19 laps, so if we are bragging, it is only right that we include him as well.

Yeah, we should let you all know that we went down to VA and represented Jersey with a 1-2 finish (always the bridesmaid never the bride:(). Good stuff...

ArmyOfNone

Ill be a bit late

I have something to do early in the morning. I hope to be there around 9 if not earlier. Ill park where you guys will be w/ the hope of jumping on as you swing through.

Ill most likely ride a bit after you leave considering todays plans were blown to smitherines.

MTB Aussie

I'll be checking out the Rock tomorrow (4/27) unless we get 10 inches of rain tonight. I have to start my ride from Newmans lot around 7:30 so say hi if you arrive early and see a blue Element there.

Steve Vai

I have something to do early in the morning. I hope to be there around 9 if not earlier. Ill park where you guys will be w/ the hope of jumping on as you swing through.

Due to the rain we're supposed to get tonight, I'm going to ride after work instead with hopes it'll dry out a bit by then...I'll be co-horting with the likes of Sir Charles Florek and my fellow trendy9er peeps around 5pm...We will meet in the Newman's Lane lot and make several thousand passes through said lot as we dizzy ourselves looping the "rock" at mach 8, feel free to jump on the pain train at any point and hang on until your legs fall off and run away because they hate you:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom