Chimney Rock 4/24 @ 8am...

would like to meet up w you guys, i may do the tour de franklin. if i have any juice left may head 2 6 mile for a lap or 2.

Short ride for me!!

Damn son, yesterday was crazy whack!! Had a nice crew out, me Charlie Florek, Fred, Dave, Rob, and we got to meet MTBAUSSIE aka, Tim.

Charlie meant business yesterday and stepped up his game a little, he had me on the chase for most of the short 40 minute ride I had, the only time I did get in front of him and tried to open a little gap, I went off trail pushing too hard and got a stick caught in my derailleur/rear wheel...We got that sorted out and continued on, only to find my low limit screw ripped out and I once again got my chain caught in my wheel...Thank goodness for Sram quick-links as it was a fairly painless fix...we got everything back together and continue on, for about 20 feet, when I ripped the sidewall of my tire, too big a hole for the sealant to fix, took a spare tube from Fred, pump it up, it's got a hole in it, I'm walking back to the car...

A finer comb over the bike at home I realize I cracked my hanger as well. Dang it! So I need a new Xo rear derailleur, hanger, and rear tire before Sunday!!:(

-Jim.

Damn son, yesterday was crazy whack!! Had a nice crew out, me Charlie Florek, Fred, Dave, Rob, and we got to meet MTBAUSSIE aka, Tim.
Yeah - I think I am still coughing up bits of lung from chasing, and then still watching you guys disappear into the distance. :D

BTW - whoever tipped the portojohn over is a jack@$$. (i am sure they are not reading this board but anyway) :getsome:

Yea that was just a bad day. I thought I was going to be jims night in shining armor only to find that tube was busted! AH! Sorry jim!

I chased charlie around for a bit after you left. Damn that kid is strong!

Chimney Rock = Death / Carnage / Mayhem

Singlespeeds = wait my hub/bottom bracket is loose!

Tubeless = does anybody have a tube?

Plattekill + Lift + Sun = priceless

Sorry I missed out on all the fun. Especially a chance to pass Jim and make fun of him for ripping his tire.

BTW - whoever tipped the portojohn over is a jack@$$. (i am sure they are not reading this board but anyway) :getsome:

Ugh! That's just friggin' wrong!!!! That port-o-pottie is always disgusting to begin with. I always seem to peek in there then decide i'll wait till i hit the woods.

Ugh! That's just friggin' wrong!!!! That port-o-pottie is always disgusting to begin with. I always seem to peek in there then decide i'll wait till i hit the woods.

I wonder if anyone was in it when it went over...ewwwwwwwww...

-Jim.

so far we have a guy that uses someone else's car rack as a repair stand, steroid dealers at the baseball fields, and now johnny on the spot vandals? Chimney rock is becoming the ghetto of Martinsville, plus there is a ton of rock there :rofl:

That _had_ to be a team effort. There is no way one guy could have flipped that porto on it's side, it's the big wide one not the tall skinny one.

so far we have a guy that uses someone else's car rack as a repair stand, steroid dealers at the baseball fields, and now johnny on the spot vandals? Chimney rock is becoming the ghetto of Martinsville, plus there is a ton of rock there :rofl:

It's those stankin' freeriders I tell ya!!

-Jim.

Back
Top Bottom