Chicks at Diablo ?

S

Shar0se

is there a verdict?? do we know when and where to meet?? :) looking forward to seeing you girls!

Eileen

Sharose I can meet up at 11 and ride until about 3. I am pretty sure I'm going to rent a bike too.

Hope to see everyone at some point :D

Did I mention I'm excited for tomorrow!!!!! :getsome:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I'm excited too!!! I plan to get there by 1:30. I'll look for you all. It may be hard to find each other with all the women rider's and all. :p

J

joanqs

so sorry that i missed this thread. i have wanted to try Diablo but am a bit intimidated by it. Please details on the experience :)

ellenserruto

so. . how'd it go gals? my daughter could not be left alone so I couldn't join you today. I was thinking of you and I can't wait to hear your stories

NJ Jess

Lots of fun

And we only got to half the trails,...lots more to come. Great to have so many ladies out trying new things. Let's plan to do this again after nationals!

Eileen

I definitely want to do that again. I had lots of fun and rode some things that I never would have tried before. Can't wait until next time!

ellenserruto

Looks like you had a good time. I am hoping for a second attempt at riding there as long as I don't come home with a cast to match my daughter!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yes it was good time indeed, and so cool to get a large group of women to go. Thanks Jess for the tour. It helped so much to have you there! Hopefully we can do another one as well. I love the tabletops!!

With that being said, I would like to add some of my thoughts, which may be off as I had the only light 5 inch bike ... Diablo is an advanced downhill park. Most the trails referred to as beginner, are designed for long travel, and did have a higher risk level than the average advanced XC trails we ride in most state parks. Most of us did fall a few times, including myself. So respect must be given to obstacles and unseen obstacles as in many cases when traveling fast. Call me crazy, but I missed going up hill a little.:hmmm:

Eileen

Even with a DH bike I learned to respect the bike and the trails about halfway down my first run :scared:

ellenserruto

Yes it was good time indeed, and so cool to get a large group of women to go. Thanks Jess for the tour. It helped so much to have you there! Hopefully we can do another one as well. I love the tabletops!!

With that being said, I would like to add some of my thoughts, which may be off as I had the only light 5 inch bike ... Diablo is an advanced downhill park. Most the trails referred to as beginner, are designed for long travel, and did have a higher risk level than the average advanced XC trails we ride in most state parks. Most of us did fall a few times, including myself. So respect must be given to obstacles and unseen obstacles as in many cases when traveling fast. Call me crazy, but I missed going up hill a little.:hmmm:
I think I would too!

S

stits27

wow! I can't believe I totally missed this, I would have been up there in a second. If you are doing it again let me know, and I'll keep an eye out for it. It seems like you guys had a great time!

Top Bottom